Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Caprice & others - off topic health care
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
what do you pay per month for your health insurance up there?

and does anyone know what we down here in states will have to pay per person come January 2014?

I can find we will be FINED 95$ per month for not having health care, but no clue of what the blasted new ()*&^%$^&* will cost per person so I can start dealing with that NOW.

sigh.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

slik_kitty responded:
I pay about $162 a mth for health, dental and vision, and that's with my employer paying part of the premium. i'm so hoping that insurance companies aren't allowed to jack up the prices once insurance becomes mandatory.

Kate_Te replied to slik_kitty's response:
Paja -

I used to work for Blue Cross / Blue Shield.

If your state has not already done so, it needs to create an insurance alternative for those who are self employed, etc. In New York, the plan is called HealthyNY & costs around $300 per month for an individual & around $500 per month for a family - although if you qualify, Child Health Plus is like $40 per month per child & covers everything.

The premiums should go down about 3 months after the implementation of Obamacare because the premiums cannot exceed 80% for medical costs, 20% for overhead and as more people join the plan, the prices will go down because more people in the pool.

Your best bet is to go to your State's insurance Department Website & see if they have anything set up yet.

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
Paja,

I have Medicare only... The cost will go up to about $139 a month for me. The cost of prescriptions, out of pocket portions... will all go up. Medicare does not cover dental or my eye care so I have these costs on my own. I do not qualify for State Medicaid.

Vermont has what is called the Green Mountain Care System which is for those who work or do not qualify for VHAP because they get Medicare... The cost for this is generally $15 per month (income based) but it does not cover much... It's better to have nothing and Cobra Insurance... Can't touch this!

You can also google your states policies as Kate_Te mentioned above.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
(WARNING: CRANKY VENT INCOMING)
the issue is we cannot afford health care right now...what makes the government think that in Jan 2014 I will miraculously BE ABLE to afford it????

W fall in the loop hole of being too poor to afford it and make too much to get help.

thinking ahead...even if its 100$ per month that is 300$ that will have to get added to the monthly budget...and we have to go on the credit cards every month as it is.

This blasted thing is going to force me to quite my job to 1/2 our income so someone else can pay for our health insurance.

YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WRONG THAT IS?? THAT DOESN'T SET WELL WITH ME..NOT ONE BLEEPING BIT.

We live with in our means....we do not have cable, cell phones, only gas, medical bills and food goes on the credit cards.

THIS BLEEPING PLANET IS SO BLEEPING SCREWED UP.

I have my towel and I'm taking the first ship that comes by.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Paja,

You may be able to find some answers here .

Here where I live in British Columbia, it will cost $133.00/month for a family of three or more - no additional cost with more children. And then we have premium assistance programs. That covers our medical costs - doctor visits, ER visits, operations, tests, etc. It does not cover dental or pharmacy costs.

However, we have an additional pharmacy plan in Canada which helps significantly and our meds cost less in the first place.

If we have insurance through where we work it can cost little to nothing.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you Caprice that is exactly what I need. My hubby's HC is close to 400 alone. One of his meds is 250$ a month. There is just too many unanswered questions and I want a better understanding before the (deleted) hits the fan. I was a boy scout and the motto is be prepared.

bubbles_bobble replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
hear you paja. You and I need to talk. Email me. At my f address not c address. If you do not have it i will give to you but last time i gave my biz email and it showed up on google. great! So you need my private address. fb me privately and i'll give it to you and then i can call you ! This is pretty important to us both!
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Another crazy cold weather loving Canuck who has been hanging around for awhile. I am a medical radiation technologist in radiography and soon Magneti...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.