Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Giving Thanks
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I wanted to wish you all a great long weekend, however you celebrate (or don't celebrate). I hope it's warm, safe, as busy or as quiet as you want/need it to be and I hope it doesn't cause any additional pain. Take care of yourselves.

I also wanted to say thanks to all of you for everything you do here, day in and day out, reaching out for help and TO help.

Thank you.

P.S. Online or in person, will you be shopping this coming Black Friday?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake responded:
Thank You Caprice. Enjoy your holiday. I will NOT be involved with any type of shopping on "Black Friday." And since I do not celebrate American Holidays I have checked out books from the library, recorded movies I want to watch and I am just simply going to enjoy being present in the moment.

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
It is going to be a difficult weekend for me. I am going to my brother's house for Thanksgiving, then home on Saturday and Dinner with my father for my birthday on Sunday. I will also attend an AA meeting with my Dad as it is his wife's 35 year of sobriety celebration.
Too many people, too out there for me. I feel a lot of klonopin coming on.
Oh yeah, I can't be myself at either location.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
That sounds really nice, Bonnie.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
It sounds like you have a wearying weekend ahead of you, Kate. Just a few more days and it will all be behind you again. (((hugs)))

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I know my user name is a little young but that is because I am young. I have been cutting since I was 11 but upon thinking back I have realized I h...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.