Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

    Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

    How and Why to Report a Post
    Off topic
    bubbles_bobble posted:
    does anyone know how you can qualify for medicaid if you are seperated from your source of income? and do you have to live in another place other than the place you lived with that source of income?
    how do i find out in the USa? If you cannot work (i work from my recliner) I don't want to get ssi I want medicare. better program and bene's. g & I are considering getting seperated and I would have to move in with someone and pay them rent.
    Or stay in my home and pay him rent. He would have the basment and i would have the first floor? i dunno. I guess i would have to go to the laundermat.
    I make min. wage thru our business but I am also 50% owner so then I would be entitled to half the wages right? and we're incorporated. I know i need to talk to my lawyer but after the debacle at the hospital I feel redfaced.
    I was on a m1 hold and i asked her to get me out. she was going to check into it and then i found out you can't get out of it because doc recommended it and so then i called her back and said no can do ............ feel like such a fool. geezus!
    my head is spinnning. My husband is not being mean. Just realistic.
    One day at a time
    MandyCake responded:
    Here in Vermont I do know... 1st... Community Action - CVOEO office. They will help you with filing the proper paperwork. The help you with housing, with food, with emergency money, with vouchers to furnish your home, etc. They are a wonderful Resource.

    The next thing I would encourage is to look into your State's section 8/ Subsidized Housing as what you pay for rent is income based. No income, no problem... Here in Vermont I did not have my SS yet and no income and for 5 months the state paid for my apartment.

    It saddens me to hear that you and hubby are thinking of seperating. Especially around the time of your holidays. This is alot of stress, even if it's a "good" parting of ways.

    Most Definately seek legal advice. If you are able, also consider attending a divorce support group either online or in person.

    I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    oh let's see here...born July 15th '84. I have Bipolar Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, OCD tendencies (that's how my doc put it), possi...More

    Helpful Tips

    real useable smilies part 4 gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 33 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.