Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Checking In
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
How are you doing/feeling?

With the holidays upon us, what are your concerns when it comes to managing your time and stress and all the emotional triggers that can sometimes be part of them?

What tactics - aside from self harm - will you use to get yourself through? Perhaps if we do some brainstorming here, everyone can make a plan of ideas to use that will help.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
FirstPrevious12NextLast

friedeggs responded:
sorry caprice, i cant answer that way you want me to. i wont hurt you and everyone here. but i love you and everyone else
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to friedeggs's response:
(((Dem)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

lexismom11 responded:
I am feeling better than I have in months. I finally feel like I am pulling out of this depression I am in. I feel more hopeful and optimistic about things. School is going better for me and that was something I let slip when I was feeling very bad.

I plan on making sure I go to all of my therapy appts. during the holiday season because it can get stressful. I have a job interview for a part time position so I am hopeful about that. I haven't had an interview for a while. Part time is what I need right now because I cannot handle full time plus school.

I would say I am doing good right now and as long as I go to my appts. it should stay that way.

lostkate responded:
Im feeling overwhelmed, anxiety about the holidays, work, school. Trying to motivate myself to keep moving forward. I am no longer in therapy, so I have no tactics, doing it alone. Wish I had better ideas but not much these days, just trying to take one day at a time.

Maybe others will have better ideas that I could use.

Kate

bubbles_bobble replied to lostkate's response:
lm thats great news! kate we'll email but stay heer and rest a while ok you need the support of this group and if you get involved you will get help. please do n'[t dig such a huge hole you cna't get out ok.
love ya'll

i've been sick since the weds before thanksgiving all of it that yo ucan imagine and now after a nice expensive trip down to the er i find out i have shingles...............if they would have just looked at me a little better. sigh overwhelmed distraught i feel that god really does want me to exit and this just may be it.
i've been in such pain and i couldn't wait until my doc appt tomorrow which i have to drive myself to and walk into . i could barely walk out o fthe joint!
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I do not celebrate American Holidays, but with this said, I get really sad and feel even more alone when I see families gathering. So a way to lift my spirits maybe lose myself in some good books, go for a hike and have a winter picnic out in nature, watch TV, eat my favorite comfort foods, and sleep.

Next...

Gra'
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
If how I handled Thanksgiving is any indicator, then I will handle the holidays very poorly. It has taken me 3 days to stop shaking and having panic attack after panic attack. I need to go places where I am accepted. I need to spend less time away from home. I need to remember to use my dbt skills instead of freaking out!
I hope everyone else had a better thanksgiving than me & hope you all have a happy christmas, hannauka, kwanza or whatever you celebrate.

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:
what if we had our own virtual holiday party,we do them for everything else, we are good with each other, this might help take the edge of everything around us
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lexismom11's response:
Really good to hear, Lexismom. Good luck with that interview!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lostkate's response:
One day at a time is sometimes the best way to go, Kate.

We're all here to support you. Without therapy, it doesn't sound like you have a lot of resources to tap into. So tap into us. (((hugs)))

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I'm sorry to hear you have shingles but glad you have an answer and hope that now they'll be able to treat you and help to use at least some of your pain, BB. (((hugs)))

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
Love the idea of a winter picnic, Bonnie. Nice! Nature really helps me too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
I hope your upcoming holidays are better than your Thanksgiving, Kate_Te.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to friedeggs's response:
Good idea, Dem!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful