Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
shingles and i have em trigger
bubbles_bobble posted:
no wonder i have been getting worse and worse and feel horrid and have the runs etc etc etc. its all from the shingles and the pain well its just begun.
ya';; talk care pf each other i might not be around to much

huggers to each o fyopu
One day at a time

friedeggs responded:
oh, so sorry to here that, i hope you get well soon, not to worry you know that we all be here for you when you get back. we will all be sitting beside you comforting you
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

Kate_Te replied to friedeggs's response:
BB -
I'm so sorry. I hope if there is such a thing as a mild case of shingles, it's what you have. I hope you remember the amount of love coming your way from here when you are going through the pain. We love you & wish we could do more to help.

MandyCake responded:
BB,

Do take care... Shingles are just horrid. I hope you were given something to help with the pain and that you heal quickly.

Love to you,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

lexismom11 responded:
I had shingles once. It's not a fun illness. I do hope you get better real soon and that your doc gave you some meds.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi BB,

Click here to read a long discussion on handling shingles pain. Get yourself to get to the last page as a member just recently posted how she handles it. Maybe it will help.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

slik_kitty responded:
hope it goes away soon. hugs

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
thanks all now the meds to help with the lessions are giving me a majore headache. my doc allowed me to have 3 pain pills a day for a aweek untill she gets my urine test back in a week. and ihave to do weekly urine tests. goodie! i told her i had a glass of wine at thanksgiving. its weird she said my last pain pill test didn't show i had any pain pills in my system! Weird! ok i'm noddin off so i'm gonna go now and it hurts to type.
One day at a time

lexismom11 replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
The best thing to do is to lay down and rest as much as you can right now. Keep taking the pain pills as the doctor tells you to take them. Hopefully that will help. Hope you feel better soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my storys still in process and hopfully by the end it'll be a happy one to tell

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.