Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
otw
friedeggs posted:
its is eight days later, wondering how you and your family are
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

off_the_wall responded:
Hi dem, thank you for checking on me. You're right, my baby turned a week old yesterday. I've had a really rough time. I had to stay in the hospital an extra day. Then discharged but back in the hospital a couple days later because my BP shot through the roof. Exact same thing happened after I had P. Until yesterday my pain levels were sky high and unable to be controlled by pain meds (I react bad to the really strong pain meds, slows my breathing too much, so I can only take weaker pain meds).

Family members, who in the past I have not always gotten along so well with, have been wonderful to me. They have been kind, caring, sympathetic, and helpful. They have completely taken care of me as well as taken care of P and E. I am so grateful and it absolutely brings me to tears just to think about their kindness to me in my time of need.

Anyway, I'm finally home from the hospital and although I'm still in a lot of pain, it finally feels like I'm going to survive. E has been doing wonderfully. She is such a good baby- so sweet and calm and such a good breastfeed. And P is loving being a big sister.

When I finally feel up to sitting at the computer, I will post pics for y'all to see.

Hope all is well with you and everyone here. Love y'all!

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
otw so good to see and hear from you! surfs up! ha ha

Its so good to hear that when the people you feared and disliked the most came up to the bat its a great thing. i'm very happy that you are doing a bit better;.

we've missed you here. I do hope you get some rest.
I have shingles and i missed an entire meeting today! nothing like making friends! real fast! the antiviral meds and pain meds they have me on make me so sleepy! argh

we'll get better ...................i can hardly wait to see the new ms. E. Yeah!
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW,

OMG... it's been a week, already. I'm sorry you have had a difficult time. It seems your BP is reflecting your pain level, both I hope you will be able to get under control.

It's wonderful that people have stepped up to the plate. See, people can change...

Get plenty of rest and hug those babes for me!
Gra'
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

lostkate replied to off_the_wall's response:
Im so glad to hear you are home and have support when you need it. People can surprise you sometimes.

Feel better
Kate

lexismom11 replied to off_the_wall's response:
It's good to hear the E is doing so well. Hopefully the family will continue to take care of you guys for a while. You will need it. Keep resting as much as possible and let yourself heal both mentally and physically.

Kate_Te replied to lexismom11's response:
OTW-
I'm happy to hear you and E are home. Glad people are giving you the support you need. Rest up, get strong - you're going to need it chasing 2 little girls around!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to off_the_wall's response:
I can only say 'ditto' to what everyone else said. So glad to hear from you and to hear how others have supported you through all of this. AND that P is enjoying being a big sister to E!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

The real story begins when I was a young girl, when the disease first entered my life. All my memories before the diagnosis have been washed away by t...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.