Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
in pain and can't sleep
bubbles_bobble posted:
hurt so bad that i thought if i wrote on the net it might change my mind about these stupid shingles.
i'm swelling up and i really don't know what to do .........i went to the articles that caprice suggested but that didn't really do me any good.
i put icy compresses on them once and that didn't help it ony harmed. o well.......... and then my doc said that the lasst pee test i did i didn't have any oxycodone in my system which is bs because i have been taking them as long as she rx's them! so somebody did something with the test or something is happening with my pee. my reg therapist told me to ask my chemical dependent therapist. as god is my witness i'm not lieing about this. it takes 7-10 days to get opiods out of your system. what she think i'm stupid?????
One day at a time

MandyCake responded:
BB,

Have you tried adding Peppermint oil to your bath? Are you able to take Ibuprophen to help with swelling and pain?

How did the icy compresses harm you? Just curious in case I ever deal with the Shingles. I can't imagine how painful and uncomfortable you must be.

You are right about the opiods. It sounds as if there was a mix up in your urine test. Did you know that hair folicles also tend to hold onto chemicals in a persons body? They can also do a blood test. I wouldn't put too much stock in this. Are they accusing you of selling your pills or something or is this a way of saying you are not following their protocols? I would come out and ask point blank as to what they are thinking.

You are not stupid.

Gra'
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
she told me a story about an 90 yr old man that she gave opiods to and he wasn't using the pain killers and giving them to his kids and she was p'od at me. now after i email her and say i will take a lie detector test she says that the pee test weekly will show my innocence. o bs! i want my frickin name cleared! i'm just no good to anybody. i made another fatal problem for myself again today and i along with another member here probably won't get a call back from my t either. i've been holding off from calling emailing or anything but i can't handle it. i'm falling apart. i'm going to go stay in my room for the rest of the night. i'm so sick of being sick one way or another. you can use cool compresses for shin gles but not frozen stuff becuase it makes you on fire after you take it off and it lasts a long time b efore the fire goes away.
as far as a bath i can't get down into one. and with shingles peppermint oil would not be good for that but thanks.
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB,

I'm so sorry you are still sufferring, not just from the shingles but from everything... If being alone in your room tonight will help you find peace, then do so...

I will keep you in my prayers this night.

Gra'
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
tu bonnie
One day at a time

slik_kitty replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
if they are going to condemn you off of a pee test, then i would demand a blood test as well to back it up.

hugs. hope you are feeling better today.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.