Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Giving
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
1. What's the best gift you ever received and why was it the best?

2. What's the best gift you ever gave?

3. When money is tight, how do you get creative when it comes to gifts?

4. I want you to each think of something you can give to yourself (whether it costs money or not) this December and share it here. Whether you believe you deserve it or not.

5. Do you enjoy the holidays or are they triggering and something you need to endure and get past? If the latter, how will you take care of yourself through this time? (Yes, I know I keep asking this one but it's important and I'll keep nagging about it.)
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake responded:
1) The best gift ever received by me was Jesus giving his life for us.

2) The best gift I think I have given is my time to help others in need.

3) I knit hats for the homeless, make rice bags for pets at the animal shelter. I enjoy cooking and feeding those who do not have anything.

4) I'm going to give myself a day pass to be a child. Whatever that entails.

5) I honor Yule. A spiritual journey of embracing the darkness without and within oneself. The darkness without, embrace the night and all of her gifts that hide within her dark cloak. The dazzle of stars, shimmering in the blanket she lays out for us. The sounds of earths children in the wild, worshipping the night. A time to hibernate, burrow down into the sweet arms of sleep and dream of a new tomorrow. For the within journey, find the darkness of one's soul and give that part of yourself respect. Anger, rage... perhaps this has helped with survival or acted as motivation... Thoughts that seem negative, may have helped to let off steam, may have had hidden meanings within them that were then utilized for good. Then light a candle. A candle to be the light in your darkness, to be the hope that you seek. To be the flame that calls for the sun kings return and shift towards longer days. Let it take a spark from within you and ignite it into a passionate fire within your spirit. Then if able, reach out and open your home to someone less fortunate and share the warmth, the comfort of the hearth, the generosity of food and love. (or you can take the food out to someone)...

What winter does trigger for me is when I see all of the lights on within homes, I feel alone, a ghost, outside looking in, the child within me craving to belong somewhere. The adult in me craves to have my health back so as to enjoy winter sports.

Next...
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
god bless you all. you are such a wonderful group of people
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
What an eloquent response, Mandycake, thank you.

And I love your answer to #4!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Caprice.
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.