Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
I can't stop hurting myself
Caitjde posted:
[TRIGGER] I was a cutter a few years a go and life has been good (lost 70 lbs and got into the college i wanted) but I keep on feeling so sad. I am a loner and that probably is helping causing me to relapse. I just can't stop hurting yself but I'm "smarter" this time ie. doing it on places people wont see and i have tried burning. I gave myself a 3rd degree burn but the thing is i liked it. I can't stop wanting to burn and cut myself....

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. it is so hard to stop sh because it works, but it isn't a good coping skill. are you in therapy? that can help you develop good coping skills to replace the sh.

Spotlight: Member Stories

oh let's see here...born July 15th '84. I have Bipolar Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, OCD tendencies (that's how my doc put it), possi...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.