Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Not Ready
Kate_Te posted:
After today, I know I am not ready to go back to work. Last night I went to a friends birthday party - survived it ok, but had a panic attack when I got home. Today, all day long, I'm shaking like a leaf. My whole body is shaking, my arms, legs, hands, even my stomach. I'm guessing I need more help before I can do something like return to the workforce.
Going to watch a mindfulness video on the dbt website to try & calm down.

lexismom11 responded:
At least you are realizing your limitations right now. You can't rush yourself in doing something major like going into the workforce. That's a big step and if you need more time before that happens, then so be it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
And how great that you keep trying (and succeeding) despite the difficult fallout, Kate. ((((hugs))))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you LM & Caprice -
I appreciate the words of encouragement. Nothing like taking 2 days to recover from a 5 hour party! I'm still twitchy today, but better. I see my T on Thursday and want to give her a piece of my mind over something she said last time. I swear, I'm not as quick as I used to be, it took me til my ride home to realize what she said. Oh well, I guess I'm not cured yet.

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
I'm glad that you were at least getting out because if you stay home and never let yourself get exposed to things you will get worse. so hats off to you kiddo! i don't think we ever actually get cured but rather we learn to manage or anyway that's what i've been told.
i'm lol because i'm so itchy i could just scream! If God wanted to torcher me he sure figured right. ha ha
i'm sure in your case too. i used to have such panic attacks they would come out of the clear blue and i wouldn't even be thinking anything ab out anything it would just happen. i'm being taken off my klonopin for anxiety and sleep so it should be interesting now that i'm down to one pill what will happen.
i need to call those idiots and see whats up?

sorry my thoughts are coming out here.
!
i wanted to add that i'm really proud of you! it doesn't matter how long it takes in our journey to get feeling better does it? I hope not or i'm doomed but rather the journey itself. you really need to pat yourself on the back!
One day at a time

friedeggs replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
hey least you understood what she said, you are a king and loving person. the more small steps you try and do the easiert will come
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

Kate_Te replied to friedeggs's response:
Thank you BB & Dem -
I guess I'm no different then a lot of us here. I want it to stop & I want it to stop now! I understand it's a journey, but I don't like the journey (LOL). Thank you both for your encouragment!
BB - I really hope your shingles go away soon!
Dem - I hope the love you receive from this board is enough for you to realize you are someone worth fighting for.

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:
love you
Healthy relationship ingredients: Love without fear. Trust without wondering. Be there without restrictions. Accept someone without wanting to change them...

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
(((Kate-Te))))

Lovely Woman, you will never be "cured" but you will learn to overcome and keep on keeping on. You have incredible strength and motivation.

I suffer from fibro-fog when I'm not disassociating so I hear you on the not as quick.

Hugs,
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
But Bonnie, I want to be cured. waaah, waaah. lol
Okay, no one's ever accused me of being sane. I gave my T a piece of my mind yesterday. She apologized. Then later in the session, I felt like an idiot, because I couldn't remember my telephone number (even got the first 3 numbers wrong). I went to a group therapy session afterward & got to come home to the shakes. Such fun!
Bonnie, Sorry about your Fibromyalgia. <3
Dem, I love you too!

Kate_Te

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
Kate-Te,

Thank you for the smile. I forget my phone number also. I mean really, how often do I call myself. lol.

Define sane. I do not think anyone is really "sane."

Your idea of fun, going home to the shakes... made me think of that song: What really turns me on is the shake... Shake it to the left, shake it to the right, come on baby you know what I like, shake it real funky, shake it real slow, ... lol.

I hope you are better today.

Hugs,
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
even the so called doctors are not sane either, dont worry i do the same thing

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.