Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
BB
soulkeepers posted:
Haven't been feeling well lately so that's why the late response.I'm not answering the other post cause it's triggering.Not because of your words but cause of my own doing.Issues I haven't dealt with and the closet door just flew open and the bones fell out.So don't think it was anything that you said to cause these feelings and emotions to surface.
Plus I'm twelve kind of crazy internally and some don't get that to well.

I wanted to express that I have nothing but the utmost respect for the ladies on this board because of who they are.Now with this I wanna make sure I don't sidetrack you you with what is said.But on the other post we are gonna have to agree to disagree and here's why.

You spoke of your kids and sounds like you raised them well.You should be proud of the great job you've done by being great mother to them.In your case you have been blessed to bless someone else which is your family.No one had to tell you this because it was something you felt them moment when each one of them was placed into your arms.You knew that no matter what happen or didn't that you were gonna love,care and protect them.

Here's my where I am with my issue,I didn't do that.I knew what I had to do but didn't. Don't have any idea,not the slightest of where J is.For all I know I can pass my child on the streets and won't even know.I am a sorry excuse for mother and shouldn't be chatting with good people/mothers.And I disagree cause I'm not a child of god nor do I feel like one.If you want GOD to smile down on you then take care of his child and I didn't. I don't speak n the issue mainly cause I feel I have no right to talk about it.

This is a little longer than I intended so forgive and these thoughts are just feelings that I have been pushing down for awhile now.It's not your fault or anyone else's but mine and mine alone.I'm appreciative for having people that's willing to listen and respond when in need or whining about things.

Thank you and everyone else here!!!!!
THE TOUGHEST BATTLES ARE GIVING TO THE TOUGHEST WARRIORS

bubbles_bobble responded:
I would imagine that you had pretty stron greasons for whatever they were for not having your child with you. we all inately know what we have to do but don't always do it. Did you know that i knew i shouldn't have driven drunk with my kids in the car and even had two small accidents with them in the car but that didn't detour me from drinking and driving! i could have killed someone else and my children!
we all don't always step up to the bat most of the time. I don't know anybody who does all of the time even with the most of important things~! thats why we are gods children exactly because we mess up and he takes us back ............

i don't want to ruffle your feathers and i really appreciate you opening up to me an dthe others here.

i don't know what your circumstances are/were so thats that./
i had little support other than financial an di alwasy worked 2 jobs for the longest of yhears..........there were often times because we almost had to file bankruptcy so we went without!
for many many years! all my clothes came from the goodwill or dead people. and because my kids were young and not fastionistas yet they got flea martket clothing. priorities o hell ya... drinking and driving............smoking cigs and drinking instead of being responsible and spending the money into getting out of debt. it took us 10 long years to get out of 181k of debt and we were just lucky because i forced my husband to take a commercial church job and he did and we made bucks and got out of debt in 3 years.
we all make major problems for ourselves............its human nature. some of the most successful people in life never had ist easy but they kept trying. did you know robin williams is bipolar? abe lincoln was suicidal and almost took his own life and had severe problems with depression and also his whole life was run rampant with failiure after failure with everything he attempted and then he ran for presidency and won!

So never sell yourself short. You are not a bad person. Do you know why I can say that??????????? because we all have done really really bad things in our lives but with that we've done really really good things! too!!!

forgiving ourselves is the hardest thing to do
One day at a time

MandyCake responded:
SoulKeepers,

You judge yourself too harshly... You are "human," yes I said it... "Human." Which means perfect in your imperfection. We are our own worse critics and enemies.

I have finally learned to look at not so desirable traits or actions from my past as a nonjudgemental person... Like stripping at a bachlor party when I was 16. I am no longer ashamed of this. I did it and had my reasons for doing so and I will not apologize for it. That younger me was trying to survive and doing what she had to, with what knowledge, skills, etc she had...

I love the quote: "Life is the school and Love is the Lesson." I believe this to be true. We are here in life to learn, to grow, to evolve... Everything is a lesson and we are all students and teachers in the school of life.

Sometimes we think we know what we should or should not have done, think the choices we make could have been better, should have been different, well, toss out those coulds and shoulds... you did what you did and had your reasons at the time and you can not change the past. You can however, learn to forgive and love yourself, that self from that time in your life.
You can heal from this.

Hugs,
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
Soulkeepers,
I agree with BB & Bonnie. You are no worse than any of us, we have all made mistakes, some we would rather not have others look back at because we are embarassed by our actions. But you know what? Only you have to forgive yourself. No one else. We have all done things we thought were right at the time and we look back with shame. But we shouldn't. Like Bonnie said, We are human, we make mistakes. It's okay. Forgive yourself, you can't do anything to correct it now anyway, all you can do is try to do what's right now. And what's right now is forgiveness.
Big Hugs
Kate_Te

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.