Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TRIGGER
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I just stood there today and watched her burn her hand. It was a hard decision...stop her or look away.

this was supost to be her day off and she had to work.

I weighed all the pro/cons and decided if I didn't allow this small injury, it would escalate into a HUGE injury.

I don't like to see her hurting herself. She had faught this since May.

Tomorrow we will pick up the peices and have a better day.

Ste
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

slik_kitty responded:
hugs

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
well you're right sometimes a small something is worht albeiting the big stuff
One day at a time

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I cant describe how painful it is to watch someone you love so much hurt themselfs. To not be able to stop the inner torment and help them to cope with stuff in a different mannor. I don't understand the drive to self injure ones self.

I don't get it, if you are mad at others why not focus the anger at them? Why do you harm the innocent body you live in?

What stops you from simply saying "I AM MAD AT YOU" how does that thought get twisted around and unfairly focused on yourself?

I'm not a self injurer, yet I went through a lot a (deleted)ing crap the same as her, so why does she injure and I don't?

what is it that is the key that unlocks self injury in a person?

can that be found and thus re-lock the door?

Ste
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

MandyCake replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
DDT,

I am so sorry for the hurt and pain you both are feeling.

For myself, yes, I self harm, it has a lot of meaning. First, it helps me to disassociate and to come back from disassociating. Second, I have an irrational fear, thinking if I tell someone I am mad, it will hurt them somehow. Third, I fear telling someone how I feel because of how they may respond, Fourth, I fear I will be invalidated and what is the point. I could go on... I just wanted to help you understand why I self harm so that you may better understand the mindset of this.

If you can, think of it as: Why do people smoke? Why do people drink? Why do people do drugs? Why do people diet? Why do... well you see the point I am trying to make.

I Hope This Helps.
Bonnie
All of the flowers, of all of our tomorrows, are found in the seeds of today. Plant them well, nurish them, nurture them, keep them safe and watch how beautifully they will bloom.

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
DDT -

I'm sorry for her pain, as well as yours. Like Bonnie, I can only speak for my own reasons for si.

I si to feel control over a situation I feel I have no control over. I feel sometimes like "I'll show them", it's sort of a backwards way of punishing someone else, by punishing myself.

I hope this helps in your understanding. For me, the best answer I've ever heard was from Paja herself: It's a negative coping mechanism, just a way to cope with the issues facing us that we have developed and haven't learned yet to stop."

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was brought here by fate. I truly believe that. I am a young woman with alot of heart. I am disabled and am having trouble dealing with that. Other ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.