Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Thank You my Sisters!
MandyCake posted:
Thank you for reminding me how far I have come and for your encouragement. Because of you all, I decided to take the "distraction Action" further.

In regards to Housing and all of the issues, violations to my rights and my lease, I called every agency I could think of to no avail... So I sent a letter to Congressman Welch for his assistance. The Comcast Crap I sent a letter to the Vermont Public Service Board.

You all inspired me so I went still further... I submitted articles on Mental Illness to Seven Days VT, Counter Point News, Beautifully Damaged, to Senators and to the White House.

And lastly, I entered a writing contest for a mental health paper called: Complex PTSD and Me. (Hey, the prize is $250) I once had entered a poem in the Poets Society and won $2,000 and they published it in a book.

I bought myself some callgon bath beads and had a nice relaxing soak in the tub, did a clay mask, deep conditioned my hair, gave myself a pedi and manicure and will now sit in my massage chair and get a relaxing deep tissue shiatsu massage.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU... MY SISTERS.

I Love you All.
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble responded:
Bonnie,
WOW! That is some awesome kick behind stuff you did! Way to be constructive and take out your aggression on the right people! Give your congresswoman heck and she'll listen. That;s what they are there fore!
I love how you did all the hard work that was required to try and help yourself and now sit back and wait while just sitting with your feelings and accepting what is and that it is ok for now. You won't melt away into calgon but you will relax! WOW WOW WOW

I am just so majorily inspired by you! I've been shaking all morning and found out that what is adding to this misery is the cold medicine i've taken the last 2 days. Day quill..... it has sudafed in it and I never could handle sudafed! So no wonder its gotten worse! We'll see if by stop taking it how I will do. I will stick to plain guafenisen and advil! or tylenol????

Thinking of you makes me so happy to know you Bonnie! I truly am in awe of you! What a huge step you took! HUGE WOMAN!
Huge! AND no we didn't do what you did! Perhaps you had some encouragement from your sissy's here but you did the work!

That's what the t's are talking about Bon. Honest! I do not think they are trying intentionally to hurt you. I have felt what you feel often and then i realize later that its me thinking my squewed thinking and in hinsight realize whats really going on. i'm learning to check things out all the time. We have to.

I'm so impressed with how you have progressed in your illness on this forum! Man o Man keep telling me more positive affirmations of Bonniehood! Im lovin it so far! WOW again!!!!!

just feeling like you can do anything now that you set your mind to! and i think you can! and i think if we get out of ourselves and into distraction action exactly the steps you took and then reward ourselves with a gentle kind thing you did for yourself WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

MAN I'M JUST GRINNIN FROM EAR TO EAR AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND HAPPY FOR ME BECAUSE LOOKY WHAT YOU DID GF! THRILLED FOR YOU KIDDO! YESIREE!
One day at a time

friedeggs replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
you go girl, that that is what im talking about, i am so proud of you.i dont know if you saw my other reply but that is ok, you got the point. never throw anything away for anyone else or you will wind up a miserable old fool like me. great job dont stop
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

MandyCake replied to friedeggs's response:
(((DEM))),

Yes you lovely Dearheart, I did see your other post and got the point.

For the record you are not a miserable old fool.

Gra'
Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
Bonnie -
You inspire me. If you can handle so many issues in a productive way, it makes me think I can handle more! Political people are the way to go - congresspeople, state reps, etc. they want your vote & are afraid that if they don't help you - you'll publicize it.

On another note, I read something recently that hit home for me, maybe it will help you. On CBT therapy, "Since thoughts often cause episodes of anxiety or panic, CBT attempts to allow the patient to change their thoughts so not to cause those episodes."

Not irrational or improper or wrong thinking; just thinking that's causing panic &/or anxiety, so to lessen the panic and anxiety, lets try to change the thoughts that are causing it.

Kind of a slight distinction but one that makes sense to me.

Kate_Te

slik_kitty responded:
yay bonnie!!!!! you did it!!! good for you. that's how we get things done, not cuz others do it for us, but because we do it for ourselves. way to go!

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
(((Ahhh... shucks BB....)

Gra'
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
Kate_Te,

Thank you for this. It is all starting to make sense to me.

Hugs,
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to slik_kitty's response:
slik_kitty,

Thank you for your praise. I really could not have done any of this without my SISTERS!

Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

it's not very long. i have gone back and forth over the years with this, more so recently. i *like* to think that it started back in basic when ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.