Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
ok webmd did it your way and its not working
friedeggs posted:
sent you three emails and they were not answered, i want to leave here but i cant because i need it,
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Miss Eggs, are you wanting to leave because the mods are not posting?

Miss Caprice told us all years ago she would not leave without telling us. She would give us all a chance to say goodbye.

She has never lied to us.

I checked the other boards and am not seeing mods anywhere. Something must have changed within WedMD. I wish they would have told us/tell us if they are going to make a drastic change like laying off the mods.

Ste
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

friedeggs replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
tt was posted on the other board that the moderators are going to be working behind the scenes , which is a really strange thing to do. this is not just about caprice posting or not, they help us on so many levels than just that, i know that there are people here that can help this board going,i always said this board is a very special group of people.but lets be honset you have a lot of people struggling right now, that are trying to help the best they can, but you get one person that posted with a trigger then what,nobody is going to touch it,i did try to leave, i even looked for another online group to go to, they were to confusing and besides i love you guys
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

friedeggs replied to friedeggs's response:
just nowfriedeggs replied toDOGDANCING_TCOS 's response: tt was posted on the other board that the moderators are going to be working behind the scenes , which is a really strange thing to do. this is not just about caprice posting or not, they help us on so many levels than just that, i know that there are people here that can help this board going,i always said this board is a very special group of people.but lets be honset you have a lot of people struggling right now, that are trying to help the best they can, but you get one person that posted with a trigger then what,nobody is going to touch it,i did try to leave, i even looked for another online group to go to, they were to confusing and besides i love you guys, now do you understand?

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
I sincerely hope it isn't the case that the mods aren't going to post anymore. Caprice has become a good friend to many of us here for many, many years. Maybe that was just their way of saying that the mods aren't going to be responding to every thread and maybe the lack of moderator posts right now are just the result of it being the holidays so they have taken off. I sure hope so anyway....

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
saw a change of moderators on anther board that they going to move to behind the scenes to make the services better, i say this again it is not just about all the other things that they do, otw you are right they have shared the good and the bad in our lives for so many years, they have become more than our moderators they are family. i am sorry to everyone here i tried to keep this off the board but they will not answer my emails

I just sent an e-mail too. Hopefully we will get some clarification from them on this issue soon.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
hope that everyone does. we need them here.

friedeggs replied to friedeggs's response:
otw do you have the email for webmd. i want to make sure i have the right one

MandyCake replied to friedeggs's response:
OTW, friedeggs,

I can not understand how having the moderators go "behind" the scene's... is beneficial. This is a support group, a family, and while peer on peer support is very good here, we need our moderators to be present, especially when so many of us are struggling with the urge to sh and si. It is hard for us to offer our peer to peer support when we are all in the same sinking ship and just want to give in and give up. Having the moderators present, like Caprice and Chrissy, they help at these times to shift our focus, to distract, they offer a life line that we may not be able to get elsewhere at the moment...

I am hoping they are away for the Holidays only... but like you both, think I may try emailing them as well.

Hugs,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to MandyCake's response:
at the very least they should have told all of us (ie generalized board announcement) so that we knew what was going to happen vs just making them disapear.

do they not realize that we have known the mod's ~10 years? that we have grown to love them and enjoy their company?

that many who come here have issues and "WebMD" is not just a inpersonal internet site, but a live space with real people attached to it. The mods have been a huge draw here to their site vs other boards, those ladies speak well for their company.

I think it was very rude to not give us the chance to say goodbye, or even know if this was a temparay thing and they will be back when what ever project is done.

we live in a (deleted ) world were people just walk in and shoot you dead, were its not safe to be a child, where monsters live with you rather then in the closet. when people disapear PEOPLE NOTICE AND WORRY.

what about the mods themselves are they reading along in there off time crying because they can't reply to us? You can't nurture and tend all these boards and not have a huge heart of gold. ...and not get involved beyond the basic paycheck. that was not fair to abuptly yank them without allowign them to say goodbye.

or to torture us and not tell us what is going on.

tcos
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
I'm getting really panicky about this whole situation. I know I was the one who told Dem the mods shouldn't be required to respond to every thread and that we are often able to support each other--- but I didn't mean it was okay for them to disappear all together. There are times when they are very needed and necessary. And beyond that, I feel like Caprice is a good friend whom I have come to know pretty well after many, many years of posting to her.

I e-mailed 24 hours ago and also reported this thread, asking for someone to please address our concerns. I am still hoping the delay in response is because people have taken off for the holidays, but I am definitely getting very concerned because in the past one of the mods has gotten back to me fairly quickly. Maybe if we all continue to e-mail someone will finally respond to our concern. I'm not doing well right now as it is and this is just really adding to my anxiety. I just need someone to come on here and give a little reassurance that everything is okay!

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW...

I'm going to try to stay calm and give them the benefit of a doubt and believe it is because of the holiday's....

To think otherwise, as you wrote, increases the anxiety.

Next week will tell for certain if they are gone-gone...

Hugs,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
yes please just stay calm and wait, they need to get to a workable resolve that meets their needs and ours, they told us two days they will get back to us getting upset will not make it better , we just have to wait, they heard us

Where did they respond saying they would get back to us in 2 days?

Spotlight: Member Stories

lot relevant things i could say... the last one i just got fired .. that complicate my to do list, dont give a # about money, it's just i got debt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.