Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
New to this group
An_249589 posted:
I just joined today. I have been looking for an online self harm support group to join to be able to talk to others who have been there and understand, somewhere to go in addition to my therapist. I am 42 and have been self harming since age 16. I was able to go 20 years without doing it, but have been having a very rough time the last 4-5 years and went right back to it, which scared me how easily it happened. I have been hospitalized 6 times 2 of which have been since September of this year.

lexismom11 responded:
Hello and welcome to the group. You will find that this group can be very helpful and informative. There are a lot of good people here that are always willing to give advice or just be there to listen to what's going on with you.

Kate_Te replied to lexismom11's response:
Hi & Welcome -
Like Lexismom says we are a pretty lively group of ladies - always there for each other the best we can.
Glad you found us.

MandyCake responded:
Greetings An,

Welcome to our family. I would like to congratulate you on going 20 years without sh. That is huge and shows a great inner strength.

As for the recent difficult times you are facing, we are here for you. I must say... my sisters here are the best at listening without judging, encouraging, they are just wonderful all around. I love them dearly.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

An_249589 replied to MandyCake's response:
Thanks everyone. I actually posted that wrong I've gone 15 yrs, not 20, but it's still a long time. I can't believe how easy it was to start back up. I left my abusive husband in June, got a protective order, moved out of the state and got a divorce, so have been through a lot the last 6 months, which doens't help the urges. I am currently in therapy and DBT. My therapist wanted me to find a group of people who go through the same thing for me to talk to outside of therapy. I am currently unemployed and sleeping on my sisters couch, which is very stressful, especially with 4 kids and 3 dogs. I want to stop but right now it's how I'm gettting through and it scares me to think about giving it up at this time. Hope everyone had a nice christmas and that 2013 is better for all of us.

lostkate replied to An_249589's response:
I went for many years without SH, then I decided to leave my husband, working on a divorce. I didnt have to move out of state or protective order but I found myself right back to old habits, I cant believe how easily it all came back. Im 50, still struggle with it but determined to get through it. These boards helped a lot and still does, you will find great support, many wonderful people here.

Kate

bubbles_bobble replied to lostkate's response:
I echo what kate said. We are a tightly bonded group but that only means that you're welcome all the more!

Though we are having a bit of a time with moderators having gone I think we can gain our center back and do our own thing if we have to. We shall see.

I hope you're able to stick around and get what you need.

bb
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi :c im arielle & im 15 and i cut myself ;3. i dont know what else to say but im here for anyone who needs to talk ;c.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.