Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Everyone
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
If we misbehave they will take the board down. Then EVERYONE will loose all the valuable posts on here.

Most of you were not here when they DID take the board down. That is something far worse then an AWOL mod.

If we can't get back on track this board will come to a screeching halt.

I have known Caprice 10+ years, so I feel comfortable saying ...we are breaking her heart. She is reading our posts and suffering along with us, but its worse for her, she may have been commanded by work NOT to respond.

We do not know the story going on. What eggs posted is the usual blurp that they post when they add a mod and give her a board. That doesn't apply here.

Please, lets move on. Lets be patient. Lets not provoke Webmd anymore. You spoke up now give them time to respond.

and

To Caprice...dear one, I hope you are making snow angles with Caprice Jr. Toss a few snow balls at Mr. Caprice too. Work changed my schedule this month and its been hellish. But tcos are working together to support each other and get through this. I send warm healing rays to all your ache joints this winter...I am about ready to move south, this chill is just kicking my arse this year.

Do you know who grumpy cat is? My kids think I look like him and I have to agree. I am going to make a meme with grumpy mama and grumpy cat. That is my only new years resolution this year. to laugh a heck of a lot more.

Peace be the journey

Love Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

friedeggs responded:
ok so if they take it down they hurt not just us,if was the same usual stuff then where are they? there are things that have posted lately that normally would be pulled, they dont just take a vacition all at once ,there is always someone here,i am sick of being told to shut up and believe what i am told. there is something going on,people have a right to know, the mental health system treats like treats us like children, i am not hanging around here anymore. i need to here but i am not to watch this,i can get treated like this on this side of the computer. best of lick
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

off_the_wall responded:
If they aren't going to moderate the boards then they probably should just take them down because it's not going to remain a safe place without some moderation. I don't want to lose my friends here but I'm very concerned and very upset that we're not being told what's going on.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
otw please read what i wrote in lights of the community, paja is right we cant keep doing thus
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
And then what happens when new people arrive and end up triggering people without giving warning? And when someone intentionally spams the board? When someone posts something so graphic that it sends people over the edge? When someone really needs help but others are too vulnerable to respond? When someone comes here just to take advantage of vulnerable people? When someone repeatedly posts things that are inappropriate? Or verbally attacks a member here? Then what?

Every good message board NEEDS moderation. I would know, I help moderate a sports website with over 60,000 members. It takes constant moderation to keep it as a place people want to visit. So no, I don't think we can do it on our own because we don't have the power to moderate the board to keep it safe.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
we really just need to wait and see what they tell, they heard us we made our feelings known. in the moring starts the week. anything can happen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.