Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Having a hard time
An_249589 posted:
I am really having a hard time with urges. I stay with my sister, sleeping on her couch so I have no privacy and can't go to sleep until everyone, including 4 teenagers are ready to go to bed so am not getting the sleep I need, which I know is not helping the situation. I just want to go to the bathroom and give in to the urges. I love my sister and am grateful for having somewhere to sleep that is not on the street, but I don't know how much more I can take.

MandyCake responded:
An,

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. Perhaps you can speak with your sister and tell her you appreciate her opening her home to you and that you love her and then casually ask if there is something she can do about the sleeping arrangements. i.e. can you sleep in her bedroom? Even if it meant doing so on the floor. It does not hurt to ask. Let her know that you need to get your rest. Honesty is always the best policy.

Blessings to you.
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
I echo Bonnie as well. I don't know if another arrangement might be better suited but don't you think that you're safer at your sis' than out on the streets? You'd have a harder time sleeping there on the streets. How about some good ole fashioned Mac earplugs. Those suckers are a soft pliable rubbery type of material and form to your ear canal. You don't want to dig them so deep in that you loose some of them but you can do a nice job to get them deep enough to drown out most noise.
Perhaps you could even (if sis agreed) talk to the teens and ask them to quiet down for you???? or maybe she could adress the issue???
I am sorry you're having a difficult time. The board may be a little slow due to the holiday but don't give up posting here.

Take care.
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.