Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
to all members of the board
slik_kitty posted:
the mods appear to be missing on all the boards, not just ours. just because we do not have caprice's presence doesn't mean we need to dissolve into anarchy or get overly upset. we know it has happened. we are getting no responses from webmd. there is nothing we can do about it. continuing to rant about it is going to accomplish nothing, except to get ourselves banned. so it is time to move on.

let's all remember why we came here. we all came here in pain, needing help. where did the help come from? the help came from all of us. not just the mods. yes caprice did help us, but the majority of the help came from us members. we've been there. we understand. we are the backbone of this board. we are who this board was made for. so let's get back to the conversations that actually apply to this board and leave the conversations about where the mods have gone alone.

I have been here for many years. i have seen members come and go. i also see those of us who have stayed on to help others, even though we don't need help ourselves. i see those of us who are still troubled, but also see the progress that has been made by all of us. we are all made better by each and every member of this board. we are all carried and held up by each other. we all support and understand each other. we are this board and we can continue to make this board the safe haven it has been just by depending on ourselves.

so please, let's leave the conversations of the missing mods in the past and get back to writing about why we are here and help each other in the same manner we have done over the years. hugs to all

bubbles_bobble responded:
hi ya kitty
I totally agree with you. btw there is a post on fried eggs thread and its one of the mods stating they aren't coming back but we can contact them if needed to do whatever.

Just didn't think it sounded like you knew that??

I think we are the force that Enforces that we can or cannot do what the measures are that will keep us keepin on!

Thanks for taking the time to write all this kitty!
One day at a time

slik_kitty replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
no i didn't see that until after i wrote my post. it needed to be said though. leaving the board will not help any of us. they will still be there behind the scenes to catch the bad stuff, but taking care of ourselves is being left to us, and that is where it should be. who best to help, but those of us who have been through the throws of this illness. we know. we understand, and we can still make this board a wonderful, safe place to be for us when we need help.

penguie replied to slik_kitty's response:
just pops in to send hugs to everyone

Kate_Te replied to penguie's response:
Hi Penguie-
Happy New Year! How's life up north?

friedeggs replied to penguie's response:
look at what is going on around here, there o round here , there posts that would have been pulled, nothing has been until my last post and all because they didnt like what i said .people are not using triggers as normal . like i said before they stood head and shoulders above the rest, and comes to keep up with the jones ,this idea is not ok, yea the board can do things to help it self but not all the time, the needs are not the same as the other boards.if you all want to stay here and let them use to keep up with jones,i am not,i get used and abused by people in my life , i wont let these fools do that too, i only popping to check on a couple of things ,which one being to see if bonnie checked in,they will see their membership drop because no one will deal with this long term
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

MandyCake replied to friedeggs's response:
Just popping in to say I love you Sisters!

Gra'
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

slik_kitty replied to friedeggs's response:
sorry to see that you think that way dem. the mods don't make this board, we do. they are not therapists, they are moderators to keep the mayhem to a minimum on the board. we were blessed with caprice cuz she cared, understood, and interacted with us. the other boards have survived with minimal moderator interaction, and this board will too. have more faith in your own abilities, and ours, to weather through this and continue to make this board the great board it has always been. take care. i hope you find what you are looking for.

friedeggs replied to slik_kitty's response:
you know something kitty , i said that same thing , that they are not therapist or doctors, but they did not show any respect to do this that way they are not checking on these posts because they would see that there triggering things here, i love caprice she will not be allowed here, she knows how much respect that i have for her, they want us to do there job for them. they dont care, she is not going to be allowed here. i know what this board is capable of . but there are certain things they should think about, all they wanted to as i said keep with the jones, it does not matter what i believe about myself, because i chose not to take part in this,and its big time because i have been here for a long time,
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

slik_kitty replied to friedeggs's response:
I have been here since 2004 and have weathered many changes. through it all the board has stood strong, and it still will, because we make the board what it is.

rugger1369 responded:
I havent been on the board long, and pop in time to time- but i am so very glad i have this, and all of you. its disheartening this has happened. but its business and business can be cruel. However, glad to see many are gonna stick it out. and i am happy to see so much love pouring out. Thank you for allowing me to play a small part of this journey. We can do this! (HUGS)

bubbles_bobble replied to rugger1369's response:
RUGGER ............GLAD TO C YOU BACK! HOPEFULLY ITS GOING TO MAKE A DIFF TO YOUR LIFE YOU'RE HERE.
One day at a time

slik_kitty replied to rugger1369's response:
welcome back rugger.

Spotlight: Member Stories

SH for 13 yrs. Here for support and hopefully support others.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful