Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
SI board exercise - wt loss - get healthy thred
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
I can't find the original so I am making a new one.

We bought a tred mill so I can walk all I want in the garage and not miss any calls from work/the school. This has helped a lot!

I wasn't able to exercise much in Dec due to a overwhelming work schedule and a bad medication reaction. But I got on when I could and it has helped.

I am feeling better and I don't know if the work I put in walking Nov made a difference but I have not had to use my cane at all this winter!! I am not limping I am not having back spasms and that has helped so much.

I am currently walking 10 min a day, but going to bump that up to 15.

No weight loss, but I am not focusing on that because with the medically induced hypothyroidism its going to be a wicked witch to get any of the weight off.

I am just happy to report its making me feel better.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

MandyCake responded:
DDT,

It is wonderful to see you helping yourself to feel better and for all of the right reasons... the weight loss will come as the muscle tone increases...

Proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

slik_kitty responded:
yay! it's nice that something so simple can make such a big difference.

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
THAT IS GREAT! GOOD WORK! I HAVE A TREDMILL TOO BUT DOWNSTAIRS AND CAN'T GET TO IT BECAUSE CAN'T GET DOWN STAIRS. I NEED TO START WALKING TOO! FOR SURE!
THIS GIVES ME ENCOURAGEMENT. THANKS FOR POSTING!
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I want one of those "Total Gyms" that Christie Brinkley and oh... can't think of the man... informercials... advertise late nights...

Hey, here is a site for you all...

FreeCycle.org
Then type in the state where you live... You'd be surprised what you can get for free!

Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
Bonnie -
A couple of my friends have used free cycle. Got furniture, a fish pond for the back yard. All kinds of cool things.
Paja -
Keep up the good work! I definetely need to excercise, but the COPD gets in the way.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to Kate_Te's response:
there are low impact/low cardio exercises out there Kate_Te...there are ways to work around the COPD. At the very least you should:

Stretch daily. flex fingers, wrists, elbows, arms, etc.

Weight bear on all extremities: stand up shift weight leg to leg. lean against wall on one arm, switch sides.

This all low impact and weight bearing supports muscle/bone health. Stetching helps with circulation.

another non-exercise that is very helpful is...sunbathing. Give you vitamin, and cues your body to make cortisone. Which will help the COPD.

Kate_Te replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thanks Paja -
I'll try those weight bearing excercises. I live in Upstate New York, so unfortunately no opportunity to sunbathe until at least June when it warms up.
Thank you so much for the advice!!

Do what the British do, bundle up and lay out anyway LOL.

It was -7 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning - I'm not going anywhere. LOL

I'm crossing off visiting Kate_Te in the winter off my list of things to do.

-7 ??!!! MY NINNIES WOULD FREEZE OFF!

Its 29-34 at night here and I can't stand that!

Come to the beautiful North East. We freeze in October & thaw in May. (some years are better, this year we didn't really freeze until Christmas).

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
I just love the cold and winter... I am in more pain but feel I can breathe better. I am a winter bunny.

I can't stand it when it is above 40-50 degree's... lol.

Gra'
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.