Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TRIGGER
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
======================================================

I am having a hard time right now. Not been sleeping and getting restless. I need to do something about this but it whether to cut or not to cut. I haven't heard from the new therapist yet. Hopefully today I get a response. Guess I'll call the crisis hotline they gave me.

beej

bubbles_bobble responded:
Hi beej
I think calling the crisis line they gave you is a good idea.
Have you tried distractions? going for a walk doing something you enjoy eating one of your favorite foods and just really enjoying it

listening to music is one of my favorite things that helps me which i will be doing as soon as i write my own distressing post

i'm trying to listen to myself and get some idea about it
I have a God that I also talk to...........i just rec'd a phone call and my neighboor is coming down for coffee. my husband is arriving and in good time cuz i'm so shaky i can b arely stand it
The restlessness can be helped by doing exercise if you can do it. I can't so that leaves it out for me!

have you ever done dbtselfhelp.com you don't need to know dbt to be able to utilize this website! its very good and i'm headed there right now!
One day at a time

purpledolphingirl4 replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
My new therapist called and we talked for a bit and it did help. I see her on Weds for our first session. It will be weekly sessions. My illness is showing ugliness. Oh well. bp life sucks. Esp when you're in a mixed episode.

bubbles_bobble replied to purpledolphingirl4's response:
beej
i'm so glad your new t called! and especially that it did help.
comm on weds!
i'm glad that you found us here again. I'm hoping the reason you haven't been here for a while is that you've been doing better?
Keep on commin back if it helps.
fran
One day at a time

MandyCake responded:
Beej,

First, I would suggest finding a way to get some rest... sayeth I an insomniac... When you see your T on Wednesday, can you mention this to her?

Calling crisis was an excellent idea. I have an entire crisis team that will even come to my apartment. Yet, I'm back to being hesitant in utilizing them.

Congratulate yourself. You are taking a difficult step in reaching out. That is no small feat.

BB, gave some wonderful idea's. I hope you will try some of them.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.