Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
whered the rest of the boardc go
bubbles_bobble posted:
just wonderin
One day at a time

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
what do you mean BB? I see all the other boards.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

MandyCake responded:
BB,

Are you looking specifically for a check in from our Sisters here? Or are you questioning the other boards?

Gra'
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
looking for all our sisters here.????? I c two of you. and I saw kate te earlier
everyone else seems to be mia? i dunno
i just thought i'd put out some feelers and looky here Pand B showed and Kt showed up earlier.....I c Snowy was around earlier in the week which is nice and a few others.
I guess i got a wretched case of the lonelies
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
CJ was checking into an IOP.

How about everyone, lurkers too, doing a check in?...

Hugs,
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

rugger1369 responded:
hi everyone-

been awhile since i have checked in, and felt a need to see how everyone is doing so far in the new year! havent been on other posts yet, but good to see some familiar names checking in.

much love to all of you!

An_248447 replied to rugger1369's response:
you all the know the answer, why, when you stand up to the things that make you scared and look it did in eye, than you weaken it strengh onyou

slik_kitty responded:
i'm here. posting when i can.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
I'm here!

Just got back from holidays in Kansas. Didn't have much access to the internet there. I was sick most of the three weeks there and the cold that I gave my mom has escalated into her pneumonia. So she's in the hospital.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

MandyCake replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's struggle with pneumonia. I hope she is being well taken care of in the hospital.

Kansas? For a vacation? Not much to do in Kansas. lol. To spend your vacation sick is horrible. You need a vacation just to recover from your vacation!

So Good To Have You Back!!!!

Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

lovely_lemon_tree replied to MandyCake's response:
Kansas, yes. I used to live there, many moons ago. My dad moved there for a job while I was in law school and the job dried up so my parents moved back to TX but kept the house in KS. There is surprisingly little to "do" in Kansas -- though when I'm home there seems to be a steady stream of visitors and events and whatnot. I just got back last night.

I'm pretty worried about my mom, but they seem to be willing to keep her at least a few days as an inpatient -- they won't treat and then simply let her go home. Last I knew she was on oxygen and getting albeuterol treatments and IV antibiotics. I feel pretty guilty because it was my cold that she picked up that basically "caused" the pneumonia.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bubbles_bobble replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
NAW NOT GUILTY. YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE LOVELY TO SAY THAT YOU CAUSED HER COLD. THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT GO INTO HAVING PNEOMONIA.
I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK! PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TALKING. LOL. NOT BADLY MIND YOU JUST ASKIN WHERE YOU ARE?? I FORGOT WHERE'D YOU BEEN.

DO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU LIKE YOU'VE BEEN DOING OK. YOU'VE BEEN DOING A GOOD JOB OF BEING HEALTHY WELL MENTALLY RIGHT?! LOVELY THIS IS THE WORST COLD FLU SEASON IN MANY YEARS THEY SAY ITS BEEN IN AT LEAST 41 STATES. SO PLEASE DON'T BLAME YOURSELF. OK HUGGERS GOOD TO C U
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT,

Hon, you did not cause your moms pneumonia. So please, cut yourself some slack. I get pneumonia every year. It is the environmental changes, stronger viruses emerging because of weather changes. It doesn't get as cold as it had in years past so it doesn't kill off these "bugs" instead the heat transforms them in "super bugs." Chances are she would have gotten pneumonia even if you did not have a cold. Thems just the way things go... K?

The good news is your mom is getting great care. And a jump start in building up her immunity so hopefully she will not be one of the many ending up with this old, new strain of flu!

I do have to admit that on a summers night, when the sun is setting above the golden fields in Kansas... It is a lovely sight to behold.

Hugs to you!
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

it's not very long. i have gone back and forth over the years with this, more so recently. i *like* to think that it started back in basic when ...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.