Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
IF I am going out i am doing it with a bang
friedeggs posted:
u was here for three and half years, this board was my life, but now because i am not going along with this and telling what i think, you all treat me like an outcast, which there are one or two that are not included in that statement , you DONT need to accept this, we get this in our life s ,they are people you cant see, they need you just as much as you need them, without you there is no community,i have been defending all of you to them, but you know what this is your choice, you all deserve each other, why i am bothering none of could care less what i think, not to worry they are not going to hold this against you, i feel very sad that they would get away with this, but i love you anyway
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MandyCake responded:
Dem,

I understand what you are saying. Without "US" there is no WebMD. We are the forums that keep this aspect of WebMD operating. Like a business needs it's employee's, you are correct that WebMD needs us as much as we do them.

Try Dearest Dem, to look at it from another viewpoint:

They have provided us with the webpage-forum in which to gather. Sort of a free meeting hall in a church, to be used by our group, our family for our own purpose.

I get what you are trying to do... If we all stood together and boycotted WebMD... perhaps it would enlighten them and force their hand... But they have other choices... They can simply find others who are willing... Then we not only lose the free space to gather but each other as well.

I Love You Dem!

Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
why do people think that they are bonded to this dam website , they will lose there friends if there is no website, they cant have both ways, not that matters but i have had A HARD A ENOUGH TIME LETING GO, AND THAT THIS MADE IT SO MUCH WORSE, MY SON IS GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AND FIGHTING NOT TO TAKE A KNIFE AFTER NEXT MONTH I WANT TO CARRY OUT MY PAN THIS WEBSITE IS NOT GOING TO HOLD THIS AGAINST YOU, I AM NOT PART OF HERE SO NOT WORRY THIS WEBSITE IS SAFE
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

rugger1369 replied to friedeggs's response:
we are obviously bonded, not to the site, but to the group of souls who have found it. And you, and I and everyone else have given a piece of ourselves- no matter how small or large. I wish the very best for your son and for you. Please breathe and try to clear your head. I understand you are very upset, but there is no need for anything rash. Stay safe and much love

MandyCake replied to friedeggs's response:
Dem,

It is not the website that we are bonded to... it is each other...

The website is only the private "room" in which we all can come together.

Do you have suggestions as to other private, not public website's (like Facebook or Twitter) for all of us to come together as family? Perhaps if you could list alternative "rooms" for our family to choose from, it would help your cause.

Love you Dem.
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
I didn't come here because of Caprice. I simply found her here when I got here. I came to be an advocate for those who SI. To use my knowledge and talent to reach out and help others who have been in my shoes.

I am a lamp post in the dark.

I will not abandon my task. I don't want to go to some obscure site where those who need comfort may never stumble upon.

Webmd isn't going to change corporate level plans because we all are throwing a temper tantrum.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall responded:
Dem, I'm sorry that I don't have much to say right now because I'm also really struggling. I just wanted you to know that I understand what you are going through and how you are feeling. I'm continuing to struggle with the decision as to whether or not I will stay on this site which is why I haven't been posting much. I agree that if we all left it might send a message to WebMD but like Bonnie said, others would likely come here to take our place anyway. I also understand how difficult it is to deal with our safe place here on WebMD not feeling so safe anymore, losing our friend and mentor Caprice, and dealing with outside issues like a sick child (sadly my little E is facing some potentially serious health problems that have me very scared and just praying it doesn't end up being as serious as it all sounds). Hang in there, I do understand.

MandyCake replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
DDT,

Well spoken!

Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
DDT,

Heavenly Father, Mother of Creation, Jesus, please be with little E and her mom. Help them to stand strong in the face of uncertainity and to overcome whatever lays ahead for them. Amen.

Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

off_the_wall replied to MandyCake's response:
Thank you Bonnie. I really appreciate the prayers. E's pediatrician heard a heart murmur and referred us to a pediatric cardiologist. I didn't think anything of it because P has an "innocent heart murmur" that's no big deal. But an ultrasound yesterday revealed that E has thickening of the pulmonary and aortic valves. Right now it's not severe enough to limit the blood flow to her heart so we're just suppose to wait 2 months and do another ultrasound to make sure the condition hasn't worsened (if it hasn't then they'll continue ultrasounds every 6 months to check on it). It's just really scary to me to hear that my baby has a heart condition. So now we're monitoring both her heart and her enlarged kidney. I love her so much--- I don't want anything to be wrong with her. All prayers are definitely welcome.

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW,

I will continue to pray for you all, each and every day! I can not even imagine how this must feel to you and how the waiting increases the anxiety into panic mode for you.

It is okay to not always be strong. It is okay for you to express all of the emotions that are overwhelming you. Do not keep them in... Let them out... Cry, Scream, whatever it takes... I know you are not one who likes to express her emotions openly.. but this will help you.

Prayers and Love to you.
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
OTW -

I am sending prayers to your family & E especially. I know what it's like to have a heart condition as a child, it's not fun. I really hope she "grows out of it".

Big Hugs,
Kate_Te

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Kate, I thought of you and your heart condition. Thank you very much for the prayers. I asked if this was something she might outgrow and was given a definite "No" but I'm still not completely clear as to the likelyhood of the condition worsening to the point that it will cause an issue for her. I was just so shocked by the news that something is actually wrong with her heart that I couldn't think to ask the doctor questions so now I have lots of questions that are unanswered. My husband is coming with us to the next appointment so we can hopefully get all our questions answered.

off_the_wall responded:
Dem, I'm really sorry that I seem to have hijacked your thread. Please go back and read my original response to you. I know you have too much you're dealing with on your own to be needing to worry about my issues on top of it. (((Dem)))

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW-
Write down your questions & bring them to the doctor's appointment. Sometimes their answers will throw you so much that you forget what you were going to ask. Not that it's bad news, it's just how they present it sometimes that can throw you.
I really hope you do not have to go through what my parents did, but they are very advanced in pediatric cardiology compared to when I was a kid. E is going to be fine. Get yourself a cardiologist you trust & take their advice to make E healthy.
Big Soft Hugs!!
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.