Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Moderated Communities
MandyCake posted:
Hey Everyone. If you go to WebMD Home's main page, scroll down... Instead of clicking on all communities, click on blogs. This will pull up WebMD Moderated Communities. Not all communities lost their moderators.

As you will see: Mental Health and Self Harm are abscent from the moderated list. If you also check the other lists you will notice that they have professional's moderating them.

I just thought this was kind of cool... You get to see the faces of Moderators...

Hugs,
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

slik_kitty responded:
I went over there and checked them out and didn't see any moderator in the boards i checked out. the bp board is supposedly still moderated, but our mod has been awol for months now. the bp mod is chrissy, who dem mentioned, but chrissy hasn't posted anything for a very long time. the only pics i saw were the pics of all the experts who are still on the boards, but the sh board never got an expert. there's a pdoc on the anxiety board, we should have a pdoc too, or at least a t.

MandyCake replied to slik_kitty's response:
Slik_Kitty,

I find it odd that I could not find Caprice, Chrissy or even Elizabeth listed there. Downsizing perhaps? Who knows. The Mod's listed are still present... just behind the scenes... and they can be contacted via private emails.

Yes, the SH Board, an Important Board, Should have a Licensed Professional present. I mean, I would think this rather than 4 Professional running the Diet Groups or Pet Groups... Really??? (shaking my head)...

Oh well... it is what it is... even if it makes zero sense... lol.

Hugs,
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to MandyCake's response:
uh, Bonnie, the SI board has NEVER has a "Licensed Professional present" and it has functioned just fine all these years.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
No but we always had Caprice who was better than most "licensed professionals" and now we have no one.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
"no one"... ouch.

rugger1369 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
saw that too...but I do not believe OTW meant us. just no moderator...still stings tho

The discussion on this thread is about moderators being on forums so obviously I meant we have no moderator here.

Geez DD, I am crying my eyes out here. That was not a shot at you or anyone else here.

Honestly DD, I wish they would make you a moderator because you have been there for me and helped me as much as anyone here (Caprice included). That's why I haven't left this community.... because I do realize that it's more than just the moderators who make this place what it is.

I just can't say I'm not still super upset about the loss of Caprice and I'm having a really hard time getting past this. Like you said, I didn't come to this community because of the moderators but I think I did stay here all these years because of the safe environment that having moderators created that I didn't find on other similar website forums.

I'll crawl back into my hole now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
(((((((((((((((((( B )))))))))))))))))) loosing Caprice is like loosing the perfect mother. A woman who loved us unconditionally and with a fierce heart. We are all hurting. Tcos included.

I am dealing with this like loosing a co-worker. There is a void no one can fill, but work goes on. I await the next beautiful face to stumble upon the board and join us and find the love and support due us all.

Me a mod? *snort* oh B you would not believe the snarky replies Alex is capable of. heehee. No, no...Caprice knew this too, that is why she never asked me to be an admin.

This can still be a safe place. We have a the report button if we need to report a post. We have Alex/Ste/Cereal... LOL who will not take (deleted) from any trolls who wander in here and want to mess with any of us.

This change is so hard because most of us never had a mother who loved us any where as near as much as Caprice does. And we don't want that relationship to end.

I can't help worry about Caprice too. This has to hurt just as bad if not more for her.

I'm sorry I miss read your reply, we are battling norovirus here. I finally feel capable of being up and starting to clean. My little one got up and puked/pooped all over the house and I have been too sick to clean up after her. I'm not 100% well and didn't read that with an open heart.

Paja

MandyCake replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
DDT,

I was not aware of this. Elizabeth is a MD.. so I assumed that Chrissy and Caprice had some medical background as well... My mistake...

I agree, we can function just fine without licensed professionals.

Thank you DDT for bringing this to my awareness.

Hugs,
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

Paja, thank you for understanding. I'm not sick but I am severely sleep deprived and overwhelmed but it's no excuse for me not watching how I say things. I'm really sorry yall are sick and hope you get better soon!

You are right about Caprice being like the perfect mother that most of us never had. And you are the perfect sister that I never had. And I do think you would make a good mod, despite what Alex has to say about the matter!

MandyCake replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Paja,

I do hope you and your little one get over this virus soon.
I would clean for you if I could and take care of you all...

Yes, this can stay a safe place. That is right, sic Alex/Ste/Cereal on any trolls!

Love you all...
Gra'
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

lovely_lemon_tree replied to MandyCake's response:
I remember a few years ago there were several of us asked to be community moderators. I'm not sure if they were aiming us for assistance to Caprice or grooming us for this to be a self-moderated group. I remember that I was asked and so was Slik Kitty. I'm not sure who the others were.

In the meantime, I agree that this is a place we can moderate ourselves. Mary on the borderline board helps out with keeping the place going and does a wonderful job. Let's just remember the obvious rules -- Trigger warnings and space for graphic things, no spouting off foul language, etc. We can do this.

As a quote from one of my favorite TV shows says, "The best way to remember her would to be to excel in your new position."
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

slik_kitty replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
being a community administrator has done us no good because there was no warning on that end either. so if they really wanted someone to step in, it failed, cuz i am just as much in the dark as everyone.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.