Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Good news
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
I've been out of the therapy loop since November, when I moved to a new town. I have been on a waiting list at the psych hospital I was at IOP at, but their waiting list has been extending itself and extending itself from three to four weeks to two months now (I was referred for therapy on November 14).

So today with my case manager, we sat down and called some people. I have an appointment with a therapist on Monday morning. I'm glad. That's one thing off my mind. This was the longest I had ever gone without a therapist in 10 years.

Good deal.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Kate_Te responded:
Congratulations LLT!! I'm impressed that you've gone so long without a therapist!

soulkeepers responded:
LLT,

GOOD JOB
THE TOUGHEST BATTLES ARE GIVING TO THE TOUGHEST WARRIORS

MandyCake responded:
LLT,

Preserverence paid off! This is wonderful news.

Gra'
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

slik_kitty responded:
so glad you have a t now. took them long enough. lol

off_the_wall responded:
Glad to have you back here LLT and glad you have good news too. Hope the new T is perfect for you.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to off_the_wall's response:
So I must admit that I'm having a hard time being positive and optimistic (well, not that I'm an optimistic person in general, it's just that I'm generally having a hard time).

Yesterday I was driving home from an appointment with my pdoc when I was rear-ended by another car. It was an older man who didn't want to call the police because there wasn't much physical damage to the car (it's mostly cosmetic). His car had no damage. I, on the other hand, have a sprained neck and a splitting headache. I got to go to the ER to have Xrays and CT scans of my head because I hit the headrest so hard. I got to go by ambulance in a C-collar and a backboard. I got to have my car towed and pay for it while I was in the ER. Now I get to wait for my DLS worker to take me to the tow lot so I can pick up my car and get it back home.

There are people in my family who are making noise about me getting a lawyer. I don't know what good that would do because the damage was really comparatively minimal, and I wasn't particularly hurt. The thing is, since it was a rear-end collision, none of this was my fault so his insurance should be the one to pay for this. I agree. It's just that I don't know whether a lawyer needs to become involved in this.

Yet another interesting "day in the life of..." I don't want an interesting day anymore. I just want to stay at home and sit and be sullen.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

MandyCake replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I am so glad to hear that you are not more injured than you are! How horrible.

A sprained neck with splitting headache is being hurt and down the road, 6 months, a year... who knows the after effect's of this damage. So while the man's insurance may cover the current damages to the vehicle, your medical bills, a liability/collision/ injured party fee, this is where his payments would stop...

I don't know for certain but perhaps your family's recommendation to involve a lawyer is because they are thinking of the future and reprocussions this could have on you? Then again not saying your family is this way but... if it were my "family" they are a sue happy, let's take em to the cleaners, clan. (Thankfully I have nothing to do with family.)

I think ultimately it is up to you. Follow your heart and do what you feel is right.

Hugs.
Bonnie
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT, if you were taken by ambulance and had a sprained neck and splitting headache then you definitely were hurt! I'm just so glad you are okay! I'm sorry that just when things start to look up for you something like this happens. I hope you are recovering well and I'm sorry for the stress of having to decide on legal actions or not (you're the pre-law student so I have no advice for you that you wouldn't already know yourself). Hang in there, I hope things start looking up again. I've missed you and am glad you are back!

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
LLT -
OUCH! I'm sorry this happened. His car insurance should pay all of your medical bills & the tow bill. If they don't want to, then I'd suggest a lawyer.
Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is josie i am 18 and i have been a self harmer since i was 12. recently ive been on the road to recovery which i have learned is a very long a...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.