Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Another one bites the dust...Goodbye...
MandyCake posted:
I came to this community as it was "A SAFE place to talk and get support from others."

I felt safe because it was an online community group and I had formed a bond with many of you women. We opened up to each other and shared our lives, our thoughts, our emotions... we had a good amount of trust developed.

As you all know, I have been extremely suicidal for months and you all are the reason that I am still here. You gave me strength. You supported me and gave me hope. I believed that maybe, just maybe, you all were right and that there may be a place for me in this world.

Sadly, None of this matters... To those of you who were genuine, I do love you and shall miss you. I wish you all well in your journeys ahead. Be strong for each other.
Life is the school and Love is the Lesson.

Gra'
Bonnie

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
nonsense. You do what many of us have had to do over the years. You lay low, lurk and then make a new user ID and come back.

Alex
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

MandyCake replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Alex... I love you... Okay... I will say bye for now... not for good. Better?

My sisters... you do have my back...

xoxoxoxo

Gra'
Bonnie

off_the_wall replied to MandyCake's response:
I hope you will take Alex's advice. For what it is worth, I reported both responses by that person as "personal attack/ harassing a member". The person deserves to be ban for coming here and threatening you in that way. But even if they are banned, I can understand why you wouldn't feel safe here anymore. I am very sorry!

Essentialsvt responded:
Bonnie,

This may have been a SAFE place to talk, but it was never meant to be a confidential place for you to talk about a confidential STEPPS class. WebMD is one of the most public of site in the world.

You broke confidentiality in a Stepp class where you disparaged other people in the group by saying that they didn't work as hard as your one and only friend in the group. I hadn't been aware that we weren't friends. Then to make matters worse you identified another member of the group by identifying that he his business and also that he was a STEPPS participant. This identified the group member and the group itself.

All of this has violated trust, boundaries, created hurts feelings, and goes directly against the rules of the STEPP class to begin with. Confidentiality is the key in any recovery class or group and that was made clear from the beginning of this class. You were there.

On another topic, By banning one of the people who was deeply hurt personally and professionally by these remarks-- his idendity revealed--members of this website simply did not allow him the right to express anger and hurt in accordance to freedom of expression.

Essentialsvt replied to off_the_wall's response:
CC: Off_The_Wall

Bonnie,

This may have been a SAFE place to talk, but it was never meant to be a confidential place for you to talk about a confidential STEPPS class. WebMD is one of the most public of site in the world.

You broke confidentiality in a Stepp class where you disparaged other people in the group by saying that they didn't work as hard as your one and only friend in the group. I hadn't been aware that we weren't friends. Then to make matters worse you identified another member of the group by identifying that he his business and also that he was a STEPPS participant. This identified the group member and the group itself.

All of this has violated trust, boundaries, created hurts feelings, and goes directly against the rules of the STEPP class to begin with. Confidentiality is the key in any recovery class or group and that was made clear from the beginning of this class. You were there.

On another topic, By banning one of the people who was deeply hurt personally and professionally by these remarks-- his idendity revealed--members of this website simply did not allow him the right to express anger and hurt in accordance to freedom of expression.

MandyCake replied to Essentialsvt's response:
Breaking Confidentiality is not by stating I think or feel that only 2 of us were doing the work in Stepps. It is my thoughts, my emotions. Period.

Did I somehow tell you that we were friends? I must have missed this... Funny, since I deleted this website and 2 people from my FB "friends" list... now everything is an issue...

I listed a Website, yes, A public Website... And stated a woman and man... did not use their names... Yes... I did state the man, no name, was in my Stepps group... He was ignoring me since I unfriended him and the gal... Nothing further... I did not reveal any personal information as to others discussions that have transpired with the Stepps Group. I revealed my own discussions, thoughts, emotions, issues. And that is MY RIGHT.

Funny you should mention Freedom of Expression... For that is what I was doing... expressing myself, to my friends, here... Oddly enough, you are doing the very thing in regards to "confidentiality" by going to others at the offended website and to people in the Stepps group and breaking MY Confidentiality.
Double Standard? Hypocritical? At least I am owning my crap and I am not hiding behind pseudo names...

This persons Idendity has not be revealed by me... personally or professionally. Show me where I listed this persons Full Name? If you make accusations, please provide evidence there of... And also, the same RULES that apply to me, also apply to you. The same RIGHTS you claim to have, I also have. The same accusations YOU are making towards me can be made to YOURSELF as well.

The more you speak, the more absurd this all gets...

Gra'
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to MandyCake's response:
An, Someone Somewhere, Essentials VT,

I'm curious: What are you trying to accomplish with bullying, threatening and attacking me? What is it, you seek?

Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to MandyCake's response:
Oops... DDT... as you can see there has been no sleep for me this night. So I shall take my a.m. meds and see if I can curl up with MandyCake and catch a few hours of a different type of nightmare...

Hugs,
Bonnie

Gra'
Bonnie

friedeggs replied to Essentialsvt's response:
this is a forum for people to discuss the struggles and get support from others, this is not meant for actions that you and your friend are causing, personal atacjs attacks are not allowed. if your friend was banned from here , it is because they did not abide by the rules of this board, and know if you keep you will be next,
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

Essentialsvt replied to MandyCake's response:
Bonnie,

If you noticed, I posted at 3am and needed sleep. I was not ignoring you or anybody else.

I actually agree with friedeggs, except for the threat at the end. For me this conversation, is over online.

The threat could be applied to you as well. Giving out Personal Information also is a reason to be banned from this site.

Imagine how I felt coming onto this forum for support and finding myself reading about my own group, STEPPS, people I know, situations I didn't know regarding people I know, and then having you say that your friend seems to be the only one in the group doing the hard work. I feel exposed, violated, and hurt.

I have worked so hard for 11 weeks. You will never know.

As far as this forum is concerned, I am done talking about this situation. To other self harmers I wish you well and I'm sorry you had to see this mess.. I have SH and have attempted suicided many times.

Essentialsvt replied to off_the_wall's response:
I reported Bonnie's messages as revealing Personal Information

friedeggs replied to Essentialsvt's response:
hey fool, that was not a threat . they are the policy of this website. i dont think that you came here for support , you came to make trouble for bonnie. if you have any issues with her. be an adult and report her to the group leaders and let them decuide. these people here are my friends and i have know them for along time. keep doing this and you will not be welcomed here.
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

off_the_wall replied to Essentialsvt's response:
Essential-- I guess I missed the thread where she said the names of people in your group, revealed personal information about group members, or discussed personal confidential issues of group members. Not doing homework to me is NOT a confidential issue specifically when she didn't mention any names. Who really cares if you did your homework and she isn't giving you credit for doing it? She's not the instructor, you aren't going to fail the class because she doesn't think you did the homework when you really did.

Anyway, the issue is that your friend came here and wrote what I (and others) viewed as a threatening statement. Had he come here and approached the issue in a different manner, he likely would not have gotten himself banned.

Do you really expect me to believe that soon after your friend came here, you just happened, by coincidence of course, to come to this website seeking help only to find someone you know has written things about you here?

Anyway, I hope the invisible moderators delete this thread and any related to this drama and that your issues get worked out off of this forum. That is not what this community is here for.

Essentialsvt replied to friedeggs's response:
Calling me names is against website policy. I did come here for support. Mindreading is a cognitive distortion. I have been in the psych hosptital 6 times in the past 3 years, I have tried to commit suicide many times. I have scars all over my body. Are you living in faith right now? Do you believe that by being cruel to be by calling me a fool that God will make sure you come out better than before?

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi :c im arielle & im 15 and i cut myself ;3. i dont know what else to say but im here for anyone who needs to talk ;c.

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.