Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
hello everyone
bod27 posted:
Hey there my friends

I just wanted to pop by and say Hi and Happy New Year to everyone. I haven't been around for a while but that doesn't mean I don't think of you all.

I got really excited that we were going to get snow but it turns it is going to hit another part of the country instead so I am just going to have wait with fingers crossed that we will get some (getting bored of rain, rain, rain)

How is everyone doing?

xx

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
Hey Bod,

Nice to see you again and nice of you to pop in and say hi.

We are having a January thaw here in Maine -- it's raining and not snowing. We should be having snow. Yet another sign of global warming. Other than that, not much new here to report from my end... other than the usual catastrophes... Sigh. At least I get to see a new therapist tomorrow.

Hoping for snow for you!

LLT
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall responded:
Hi Bod! Glad to see you again. Hope you get some snow! Cold rain is the worst. I always figure if it's gotta be cold then it might as well snow (but it never does where I live either!)

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi Bod -
I'm Kate_Te, I know I've read some of your posts before, but don't remember if you & I ever interacted. I'm in upstate NY and have the same January thaw as LLT. As you can see the board is a bit of a mess right now. I hope we get it all sorted out soon. Welcome Back

bod27 replied to Kate_Te's response:
good to hear from you guys

I am off to bed now, trying to get my head around supporting students for another week. Very drained and feeling the strain but got to keep going.

See you all soon - not sure if I will be posting many replies to people atm as feeling very insecure.

Cheers
Bod x

slik_kitty replied to bod27's response:
hugs bod. glad to see you again.

rugger1369 replied to slik_kitty's response:
hi! and happy new year to you too!

bod27 replied to rugger1369's response:
woke up to snow it has now all gone but better than nothing.

off_the_wall replied to bod27's response:
Yes definitely! How fun! Did you take any pictures? It's 43 here and rainy (miserable!). I hate the cold but like I said if it's gotta be cold it might as well snow.

bod27 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Oh I like the cold, but cold, crisp, sunny and dry - not the cold, wet and dull that is the norm here, although snow is preferable to any of the above. I was watching people today and thinking how funny it is that when it snows people don't bother with umbrellas and but if it was raining as hard as it was snowing everyone would be scurrying around trying not to get wet. Humans are funny things sometimes!

I didn't take any photos (I can't find the lead to download them from my phone and I couldn't find my camera this morning either grrrr) It was coming down in great big fat flakes at lunchtime but sadly there had been a whole load of sleet before that so none of the snow settled

There is more forecast later in the week so may have better luck then.

Wow, be careful with the ice, that's when things can get dangerous. All the snow sounds fun though. I bet everything is shut down huh? Like no work or school because of the weather? That's how it is here if there's even a chance of ice or snow.

Same here but the sleet got in the way of having a snow day today by melting it all before they could panic.I am hoping they get scared about the ice due over the next few days and shut the uni. Could certainly do with an unexpected day off *fingers crossed*

Sleet melts snow? I had no idea! (I don't know much about cold weather precipitation.) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

it does indeed - sleet is the one in between rain and snow, not quite one nor the other. It usually happens when the weather has warmed up a fraction so the snow flakes don't survive the whole journey through the sky and have started to melt by the time they get to the ground. As sleet is warmer than snow it very slightly increases the temperature of the snow that has settled, so melting it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.