Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TO ALL: IMPORTANT!
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
To everyone:

It's important that we keep this website a safe and welcoming place for those who come here.

So it's equally important that we ALL stop replying to the thread "Another One Bites the Dust" until the thread is deleted. We don't need to fan the flames.

Please. Let's keep this a safe community for all of us.

Love,

LLT
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
Just to clear the air. EssentialsVT joined our Community January 13, 2013 One day after their friend SomeoneSomewhere got banned.
I doubt very highly they are hear for any help, just to cause trouble.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Kate_Te's response:
Bump

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Bump again

slik_kitty responded:
yeah, it looks like the only way to make it go away is to ignore it. i have reported the posts a couple of times and they are still there a day later. it seems they don't even have mods behind the scenes. i just read a forbes article that webmd was going to be eliminating 240 jobs. so i guess the ones they eliminated were the mods. i hate big corporations, cuz they forget that it's the little people who make their company great.

rugger1369 replied to slik_kitty's response:
woops should have read this first!- and bumps to Kate for the investigative work!

off_the_wall replied to slik_kitty's response:
Kitty, I hate to hear that (about the lost jobs) since I was hoping even though Caprice wasn't posting here that she would still be employed by WebMD and working "behind the scenes" like they mentioned. I hope she is doing well and I most definitely hope she can come back and post to us sometime soon!

Seeing that they don't seem to have personnel available to delete a thread, it makes me wonder how long they will even keep the communities around. Because forums like this don't just run themselves. It makes me start to brainstorm if there's an alternate location we could all plan on meeting if the WebMD communities fall through. Anyone have any suggestions?

I agree with LLT that all we can do at this point is just ignore the thread and hope it drops off the page.....

slik_kitty replied to off_the_wall's response:
we could start our own website that not just anyone can get in. people can apply for admission. or we can make a public one. either way, whoever sets up the website will have the ability to ban people and remove posts.

sadly, i haven't found a board that's as good as webmd. i went to many of them when i was first looking for a site for help. they don't have the safeguards that webmd has set up, or have the number of people needed to keep a site interesting and helpful. so the things that made webmd so awesome are falling through the cracks.

off_the_wall replied to slik_kitty's response:
I talked to my husband, who does IT work for a living, about creating a new forum and he is all for helping us set one up. The thing is, it would cost us (my husband and I) a small amount of money each month, which we are willing to pay, but I would like to be sure the interest is there for a new forum before we go to that kind of trouble and expense. Might start a thread at a later time to gage the interest here. Honestly I don't really want to leave here either but with WebMD laying off people and not moderating, I fear it won't be long before they get rid of this forum altogether. Because all it does is make their website look bad when people go to a forum and instead of finding help they find drama, trolling, etc.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
Medhelp is a good site. I've been there since 2008. Tinkered with starting a SI board years ago, just never had the energy after second child.

I can't go to any private sites. I need the supervision that a public site provides. For the safety of all involved.

Retire yes, move no. I'm too old to move B.

There is another SI board here is anyone wants to jump over there. "self cutters exchange".

http://healingselfinjury.org Anything with Ruta Mazelis attached to it is gold. She is the guru of self injury. I have know her since the 80's. (name used with permission and/or public figure).
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

rugger1369 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
dont want to give up, but I dont want to lose anymore of us either. any lurkers willing to add to this? - with love

lovely_lemon_tree replied to rugger1369's response:
I don't really want to move either, but if necessary, we can. I have been with WebMD for years -- I think OTW and I came on the scene around the same time in 2003 or 2004 or something. That's a long time. And I know DogDancing was here even before us.

I will look at the self injury website mentioned above and maybe we can migrate over there. I, too, fear that this will simply fall through the cracks. One of the reasons I stayed here for so long is that it was moderated. I guess something like what happened the other day is bound to happen again and again if this is unmoderated.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Okay, so here goes. I have established a site on medhelp.com. I will post it on my facebook page for those of you who have my name, and I hope it can attract others. It's a public forum and I think I, as the owner, can moderate it. For those of us who want it, email me at lovelylemontree@yahoo.com and I will forward you the address.

Love to all,

LLT

Kate_Te replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT -
I want to thank you for everything you have done here on the board in the last week. You have remained calm, tried to stop the drama and still respond to posts. I will check this out on medhelp. Basically what I'm saying is THANK YOU for being here, keeping your emotions in check & trying to restore order. I will be honored to be a member of a board you are moderating.
Kate_Te

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT, thank you for setting up an alternative forum for us and Paja for recommending it. Let's start posting there but keep things going here too as long as we are able. I know everyone doesn't want to leave here but there may come a day when we don't have a choice so we definitely need to plan now for that. I hope everyone will follow over there or at least write down your contact information in case this forum gets deleted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.