Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Snowy's Message to all her friends......
snowyowl33 posted:
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I've been away for a bit, I've been insanely busy with work, and life, but you've all been in my thoughts..... as you always are.

I've been reading some of the posts here, and am very sad and concerned to see what's happening to our community and this board.

Many of you have known me for a long, long time and know me as someone who likes to make people smile and laugh when things are tough and who will give life a good swift kick in the can when it needs straightening out, but also someone who has a level head, and a kind heart.

Right now it's time for the level headed Snowy to write for a few minutes....because I do care about all of you....and even tho I haven't met everyone, we all still share a special bond.......

Snowy gathers all her friends, both old and new, those who are still here, but are now hidden and those who are lurking..... under her soft white feathered wings......hear my words now.... breathe slowly and deeply.... calm your thoughts as much as you are able.....all will be well.

I remember many years ago, a small group of people tentatively came together on a new board that had been set up by a company that had decided to expand...some already knew each other, some were new and some got lost in the confusion of change....everyone hated the new board format.... (where DID that "ignore" button go???!) ..... it was too hard.....it was an uncomfortable change......everyone wanted to leave and go somewhere else, or go back to the old way......it didn't "feel" right anymore.....there were angry posts, threats, fears, tears and frustrations as we went through the growing pains of a "new way" ...........

New people slowly came to the board for different reasons, but we were all drawn together by one common thread and we wanted to find others in life who could understand us, perhaps, even if just a little.... someone who would lend an ear, or offer a word of encouragement or support when we were fighting rough times or our own dark thoughts...to just "know" someone was there, even if we only wrote a one word postâ?¦. someone who wouldn't let go........and sometimes, to have others to share our great triumphs and happy events with.....births, birthdays, holidays, travels, and even a marriage......!

Some people lurked for a while, until feeling safe enough, stepped quietly onto the board, in hopes of being accepted and welcomed......and most were, openly and warmly.......

Somewhere along the way, a group of strangers had quietly and gradually over time become a community of friends, and had formed some strong bonds, and yet were so very open to welcoming and helping new people in search of support.....

There was always someone in the community who was feeling strong enough at any given time to help those who were reaching out for understanding....
.... and it wasn't always the same person...... it seemed that effortlessly, when one tired, or felt they could offer no more to those in need, another stepped up and was there to take over and help for a while...we supported one another, always.......we are a community.....we are strong when we stand together......

Over the years, many people came and went, some left, some drifted off, some moved, some moved on and some we never will know what happened to them.

But here is one thing I do know..... everyone on this board (including those of you hidden or lurking) has the capacity to help another human being ... I have seen it done here time and time again..... you are an amazing amazing group of individuals, that I am honoured to know and call my friends���

Caprice is not able to be here with us now, she is not to blame for this, and I think would be very very upset and concerned to see what is happening to this community in her absence.

We are not children�� many of us were close to her and are saddened or hurt, shocked or concerned by her unexpected departure, of which she had no control.... Imagine how she must be feeling???

...con't..

off_the_wall responded:
I am in tears reading this Snowy. I remember all the changes that took place to the board but what stands out in my mind during that time was how Caprice was always there to help us through those changes. And I remember all the things she did for us to help keep us safe throughout the changes. Now she's not here and I just can't understand why she hasn't come back, under a new name, to talk to us or at least say goodbye if she feels she can't return. Clearly she lost her job and I really feel for her and I have no doubt she's really struggling with that--- but all the more reason for her to reach out to her friends. I know none of this is her fault and I'm definitely not blaming her in any way, I just can't understand why she hasn't kept her promise to return and not just disappear on us. I'm struggling with a lot right now. But I appreciate your words of encouragement.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW -
maybe she has.

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
I don't think so, Kate_Te. Why do you think one of the unknowns (of which I know for sure who one is and think I know who the other is) is Caprice? Maybe you've picked up on something that I have not....

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
either way ladies, drop the subject, new name means a fresh start. Listen to the words with your hearts.

Cereal
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

snowyowl33 replied to off_the_wall's response:
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Otw)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feeling with us, I have carefully wrapped them in soft velvet to keep them safe....

I am sure that if we give her time, one day she will return however she is able, and touch our lives once again in some way.. Of this I have no doubt at all.

Try not to doubt what she told us long ago, I imagine that seeing as no other moderators have returned to their boards either, that there has either been some sort of restriction placed on them about returning to the boards at this point. It may be beyond her control.

On the other hand, you may catch a fleeing glimpse of her out of the corner of your eye.....life has a way of always working out... stay strong.... big hugs

Snowy

snowyowl33 replied to FlyingFree's response:
agreed....

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.