Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
My thread is gone
Kate_Te posted:
Anyone know why my "Failure" thread was pulled?

sittingbull594 responded:
Kate te

I have no idea. I was here when you were here last post. That's really weird! HMPF!

I hope you are hangin tough! I hope that if you get worse during the weekend you will go and call another hospital! another place for help OK?!

sittingbull594 replied to sittingbull594's response:
how are you anyway?

I'm checking in on everyone...............
I'm fine tho headed to bed getting tired as the evenings roll around. Hope you will find bed a comfort tonight!

off_the_wall responded:
I guess the invisible moderators like to delete relevant posts and allow the inappropriate, off topic posts to stay.... Who know.... But I'm sorry that they deleted your thread. I had read it but was having trouble coming up with any words to help because I'm really struggling myself. But here's my advice, for what it's worth: if you're to the point of acting on suicidal thoughts then you are in a dangerous spot and your mental health team are idiots for not offering you help BEFORE it gets to that point. As far as the hospital having no beds, if you show up there they aren't going to turn you around right back out the door. They will find a place for you until they can find a bed for you. I have been kept in ICU before, not because I was in critical condition, but simply because that was where they had room for me at the time. It sucked but I was safer there than at home at the time. Don't give up on yourself Kate_Te. You deserve help, you deserve to feel better. Hang in there, friend.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Thank you OTW & SB-
I'm hanging in (no pun intended). I know I'll make it til tomorrow - that's all I can handle right now.

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
That's all that matters right now Kate_Te. Taking things one night at a time- or even taking things one hour at a time. And sleep helps pass the time so I hope you can sleep and that things feel a little less awful for both of us tomorrow. (((Hugs)))

lovely_lemon_tree replied to off_the_wall's response:
How are both of you doing today?

Would you like a blast of cold air in your faces? Come visit me, and we could do the visit yesterday, when the temperature was -4 F and the windchill was -14 F. We can go trample around in the snow (there is a fresh layer) in our snowboots and snow pants and hats and cozy down-filled jackets, and use saucers to slide down the hills! We can even use a toboggan if we want to to really fast! The ice is thick enough to stand on safely on if we're interested in skating or ice fishing.

For those of us who like the warmth, we can settle in front of the fireplace, blazing with pine logs that make a wonderful smell, with our respective pets, stuffed animals and blankets. We can drink hot apple cider and hot chocolate and tea is also available. Fleece pants and fuzzy socks are a must, as are cuddly comforters. It's the perfect environment for an afternoon nap for those who need it, and I will tend the fire.

(((HUGS)))
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
In general I hate the cold but snow is pretty much a novelty to me (have only seen it a handful of times in my life) so I'll take you up on that. Riding saucers down a hill was my favorite thing to do when I visited Colorado many years ago and it still sounds fun. P has never seen snow before so I'm sure she would get a kick out of building a snowman with us. I'm exhausted from another night of little sleep but so far today I am okay.

How are you Kate_Te? And LLT? And SB?

LLT -
I have the cold coming here later in the week (monday I think). I'll happily join you by the fire with my fuzzy socks & fleece pants!

Still no beds at the psych hospital. Very frustrated. Makes me want to act like a 3 yr old - no beds, f you I'll just do it! Then I realize I'm not 3, so I slowly calm back down.

I have no desire to go to the local hospital's psych ward, been there, done that. Ever see one flew over the cookoo's nest? It's right here at my local hospital.

Oh well, one moment at a time & I'll last til monday. Just can't look that far ahead.

OTW I really hope you start feeling better. Have you talked to your husband?

I'm glad you are doing your best to be patient in this situation. I hope you don't have to wait too long. Maybe give them a call about the bed they expected to become available? Or contact your T to see if she has heard anything?

Haven't told husband- don't know what to say or what good it will do. Had something pretty upsetting/triggering just happen but trying to put it out of my mind in hopes that it won't get to me....

OTW -
Thanks for the encouragement - it helps. Still no beds, called twice today.

I would think that if you told your husband, he could maybe ease your load a little. You know, do a few more things around the house, help more with P & E. Just give you an occassional break.

You hang tough OTW, you matter to me & I want you feeling better.

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
hey lassies,

I'm so proud of everyone! including myself! HOw's that for a shift of mental energy???
Lovely, I will def. hang around the fire with everyone and drink hot apple cider (can I have a cinnamon stick too? or a cinnamon candy stick better yet!)!

Kate te keep writing here and otw too so that we can keep ya;llk safe! I think taking those baby steps and just inching a bit forward toward being what we have to be in the moment to survive IS CRUCIAL! Kate te i think you and Otw and I all share something vfery important and that is our faith in a Higher Power! Keep thinking about this both of you and praying to Him or HP whatever your concetpion may be. OK.

My HP as I call him God will get me thru anything if I only ask.

so Please ask! God will answer your call. It may be in his time but you will se how worth it is! Keep asking for help.

I love you all and if you're ever in my neck of the woods which ots has been stop in.

Hope you are managing alright this evening, Kate_Te. This evening has actually been a calmer one for me.

My husband already does so much to help me that I live my life constantly feeling guilty that he works so hard and I do much less than he does. He honestly doesn't mind most of the time, but I do. The only thing he can't do is be up all night with the baby because I exclusively breastfeed her, otherwise I know he would help with that too.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
well otw grow him some hooters and then he can nurse E too. ROFLMAO! hee hee shame on me

Naw............just kiddin! tee hee

i'm really smiling at you and kate te and hoping you lassies, have a decent weenkend! i'm going to run to bed in a sec and collapse and only hope you two will do the same. I'm glad hubby did stuff for ya Otw.

See i feel guilty to about all my husband does too but here the thing!! We both do our fair share Otw. And don't say i don't understand cuz i toatlly get it. The thing is that you are raising two beautiful daughters. YOU are grooming your girls for the outside world anbd to live well adjusted to it. Right?! So think not for a moment about how much you do! You have the weight of the world on your shoulders! And i know you don't take it lightly!

Both ya'll hang in there! I do hope you will be easy and monday is a holiday so don't worry about that neither.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.