Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
boy o boy trigger
sittingbull594 posted:
im so concerned. about a lot of things. it makes me shake rattle and roll. i found out that a person i will be very close to is the process of getting a ba in phychology. and then going for masters. GREAT! not really i'm being phecetious (sp). i'm so nervous anyway that i couldn't work much today. i've been around friend for two days becauwe they need to escape their circumstances and help too and just be friends and lordie its so hard to be everything!

i'm feeling what everyone feels when they're backed up against the wall. this person is gonna see right thru me. a big part of me wants to run aaway and hide. the other part well you know. what i normally want to do. ok gonna go meditate and do some deep breathing.

rugger1369 responded:
glad you meditated...did it help calm your mind?

also, I had to look it up too! facetious- thanks for the new vocab word.

off_the_wall responded:
Just because someone has a degree in psychology doesn't make them a mind reader. When I was in college both of my roommates were psychology majors and it really made me nervous because I too thought they would see right through me. If they did, they kept it to themselves and it was never an issue. Having that degree might make someone more aware of the signs of mental illness and self-harm but honestly I would think anyone interested in going into that field of work is probably already aware of the signs more than your average person and so having a degree would only make them more qualified to be of assistance to someone with mental illness. Please try not to worry about it. I know I'm the same way, I don't want everyone to know about my problems. You still have a right to your privacy even if they do confront you about something. You can say, "I'd rather not discuss that" and that can be that.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
It was hard to meditate cuz work beconed me but i tried and i kept trying to breathe in god and out acceptance throughout the day and it was helpful. Its so hard to remember stuff to stay safe.

I will keep that in mind otw. I really will. I will try and keep all of these posts in my minds sight! It really helps talking with you lassies.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.