Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Kate_Te
lovely_lemon_tree posted:
Welcome home!

How was your hospital stay? I hope it was helpful as we need it to be.

Love ya!
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Kate_Te responded:
Thanks LLT -
Got back today. Actually feel like it was a much more productive stay than previous ones. New therapist - an actual plan to reduce anxiety daily and to slowly re-join the world. Now I just need to work the plan and see if I can do it.

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Hi kate_te! So glad you are back and the hospital stay was helpful. Maybe you can share some of your plan here because I have the same problem with my anxiety problems causing me not to be able to be a part of society. If you don't want to share I understand too. Missed you and glad you're back. (((Hugs)))

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi OTW -
Here's the plan I am doing. I meditate 3 to 5 times per day, do deep breathing another 3 to 5 times. This keeps my anxiety in check (hopefully) but if it doesn't I'm never far from another meditation or deep breathing. I'm going to check out my local library - it has weekly free movies & I'm going to try to attend and then slowly work my way up from there.

besmith75 replied to Kate_Te's response:
I don't know if you've ever tried it...but yoga is amazing. It's very soothing and friendly to all body types and aches and pains. There are so many movements and you can choose your own and what order to do them in. It's a great way for me to focus...meditate...and just breathe. If you're interested you should just google it. Let me know and I could help set up a plan with you. For example...I have lower back problems so twice a day (when I can fit it in) I do four movements that I call the 4 C's. Cat, Cow, Cobra, and Child. It helps immensly.

sittingbull594 replied to besmith75's response:
HEY KATE TE!!!!!

BIG WAVES!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!

HI HI HI!!! MISSED YOU A LOT! IT REALLY does help my anxiety too if i can meditate and deep breathe several times per day! yippee. so the thing i've figured out is that really helps and if we can get into the practice of deep breathing it truly is a solver.

besmith i love yoga too but to fan to do it now but i'm goin to try a seniors class cuz they use chairs and don't do floor work. that's the way for me. where there's a will theres a way right?

yoga is on pbs channels for free

Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
Hi Besmith & SB -
I've missed you both. So far so good on my meditation / deep breathing. I'll look into yoga, but I'm afraid I might be too fat. I'll look into it though.
Thank you both!

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
hi again

just want to say keep u p the good work kate te. im glad the hospital stay helped you! and that you continue to work on it!
me too! i do deep breathing all throughout the day like i said and then at night i have some power sessions and in a.m. too.
If you can find a seniors class or dvd this is really good. I've taken a seniors class before and it really is a good type of yoga for us who are weight challenged and also my other body parts are a hurtin' so they alter to my body parts. yippee

SB -
You know me and my agoraphobia. Maybe the DVD will help - not sure if I can handle a class yet. We are trying to work one step at a time & I'm pretty sure a yoga class is about 10 steps down the line.

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
no no. actually we have a restaurant in colorado called nono's. lol.

i was suggesting but maybe it didn't come across that way cuz i get going fast in my mind these days........but i was thinking a seniors class on dvd. When i get hunkered in i'll let you know if i find one or if you find a tolerable in the mean time let us know?? ok.

I'm really glad you're stickin to these exercises. Me too. real glad you're back!

Thanks SB -
I missed you guys! I'll look for a seniors yoga dvd at the library next week. I'll let you know what I find.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.