Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Amazing - Trigger
Kate_Te posted:
====================================================
====================================================
=============================
For 4 & a half days I was on top of the world. Everything was great. Then yesterday I go to buy some makeup (a total of $15) and my card gets declined. I couldn't understand, there should have been a couple of hundred left on the card (my disablility payment).

I came home looked it up on line and Soc. Security went back to taking $205 out of my check for my student loan. (it had stopped for the last 2 months). Still I handled it okay. I called my brother (he owes me money) and asked him to send some to me.

When I woke up this morning I was sure today was Thursday & that my brother's money would be here on Friday. So I went over & spent my last $10 on a pack of cigarettes expecting to have more money tomorrow. When the cashier stated today was Wednesday (we were talking about the snowstorm expected on Friday), I actually began crying. Not sobbing, just tears running down my face - quite a few.

I came home and have tried to keep myself stable by meditating & deep breathing to mixed results. Amazing the difference a day can make!

sittingbull594 responded:
hey kate te

That does put a strain big time for you I know! It would me too! I'm low on money and had to take some from peter to pay paul and i don't like that. cuz especially it means its only a stall. So i get it. we all have our peters and p;auls just depends on what kind of scale is all!

Its all the same in the end cuz we all get there in the end one way or antoehr right??

You hang in there. You're doing a great job. I think we get wrenches thrown in to test us! We can't possibly have a smooth sail all the time right? so then we have a large stumble in the road. I don't like it either! Ick Poo!~

rugger1369 replied to sittingbull594's response:
hi kate - oh I am sending you a soft tissue for your tears...and I can relate to the peter and paul scenerios. feels like I am climbing a mountain of sand. but it will eventually settle into a beach...so proud of you for finding some sort of solace in your meditating, even tho it was mixed, it was a move in the right direction i think. stay strong!

sittingbull594 replied to rugger1369's response:
hey kate te
how you doing today? is it bad arse snowing where you are? in ny?
its going to snow here today too! is nemo there? yet?

i hope you're feeling kingpin today! i hope you don't get snowbound! i have a lot of friends on the east coast so i'm praying for Kate te kate stephane stephanie my cousins lovely tho i think since shes up higher maybe it won't effect her.........i dunno anyone else?? i will pray for ya'll today and every day!!!

Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB -
I live in upstate NY. "Nemo" was just a regular winter storm 11-12 inches. No biggie. Like where you live, we are prepared for storms of this size - NYC on the other hand (4 hours south of me) is not prepared. Plus they got more than we did.

It's a fluffy snow so shoveling isn't hard.

To answer your initial question, I'm okay. Meditation & Deep Breathing is much easier when you are in a Psych hospital than when you are home - much more difficult to clear the mind. I keep working it though - It works, just harder.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Kate_Te's response:
Thanks, SB. The snow is still falling here, though we did get about a foot (officially). The wind is blowing and I think we're going to be snowbound today. Having lived much further north than this, a foot is not really a huge deal, but they're making a gigantic deal about it. My parents, who are in TX, called me up this morning to make sure I had power because the Weather Channel was reporting there were outages in the state. Not to worry, I did not lose power. It's fluffy snow so it's not bringing down power lines or trees.

The silly contractor the apartment management company has been out plowing, even though they specifically said that they would not plow 'til tomorrow.

Portland got about 30 inches and I'm jealous.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

sittingbull594 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
GLAD YOU'RE SAFE IN APT. LOVELY!!! I LOVE SNOW STORMS WHEN THEY GET BIGGER ...........FLUFFY IS WONDERFUL FOR SURE! I DON'T LIKE ICE STORMS AND LUCKILY FOR US HERE IN CO WE RARELY GET THEM!

WOW THO IF YOU GOT A FOOT I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT THE OTHER PLACES GOT IN NY!

TAKE CARE AND TAKE CARE OF YOU

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
I had no idea there are different kinds of snow- fluffy and non-fluffy. Learn something new every day. I showed P an Internet picture this morning of all the snow (think the pic was taken in Boston) and she said, "Sand" so yeah, we aren't so familiar with the cold white stuff.

I'm glad y'all are safe and with power. I'm really sorry things continue to be a struggle for you Kate_Te but I'm glad the hospital visit was helpful and that overall you sound stronger.

penguie replied to Kate_Te's response:
hugs

we got about 16" of the fluffy stuff just across the lake here in Ktown ON

I love the Nemo and grumpy Cat meme that is circulating on FB

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.