Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TGIF!!! distraction action
rugger1369 posted:
phewww we made it to Friday!

storm Nemo is on the way but in the mean time lets try and have some fun. when I lived at home I loved to go to karaoke with my sis and a few friends. it was a small place and we usually were the only ones singing...so funny...what song would you sing? a love song? a rock anthem? maybe a disney tune?

My go to song is Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin and I'll usually do atleast one P!nk song and as a duet we have had fun doing A Whole New World- Disney's Aladdin.

Who's up? Rock on!!!

Kate_Te responded:
I did this in the hospital on a Friday night. Even though it broke one of my longest held beliefs: that karaoke without alcohol should be illegal. I did it. Made a fool of myself & sang Girls just wanna have fun - cyndi lauper.

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
how fun i'd sing somewhere my love (dr. zhivagos) Lara's theme! is the name of the soug.

how enchanging i've never done charoike

lovely_lemon_tree replied to sittingbull594's response:
Oooh, oh, oh,
Dance with me
I want to be your partner
Can't you see?
The music is just starting
Night is falling
And I am falling
Dance with me...

-- "Dance with Me" by Orleans
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

rugger1369 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
ya'll sound wonderful and i love the choices! to be honest i had to look some of em up!

off_the_wall replied to rugger1369's response:
I only sing when I sing for my daughters so I would sing my oldest daughter's favorite song right now which is Old McDonald.....

Kate_Te replied to rugger1369's response:
Rugger -

"to be honest i had to look some of em up!"

Way to make me feel old!!!
I'll just go sit in my rocking chair & get back to knitting my doilies.

That was all sarcasm. lol. How young are you? None of the songs were real old.

prophetess1987 responded:
ooooh i miss karaoke! it's been so long! my go to is bohemian rhapsody or under the sea or pretty much any disney song. i've never actually sang alone though, b/c i never drink so i have to sing with someone to get up the nerve lol.

fun times you all have some excellent song selections!

slik_kitty responded:
the only karaoke i ever did was in a bar and i sang africa by toto.

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
I'm sorry Rugger,
My coment above was supposed to be funny, but I've thought about it (because obsessing is what I do) and realized it could be taken as mean. It wasn't meant that way, please accept my apology if you were in any way offended.

rugger1369 replied to Kate_Te's response:
no worries Kate! ive been away and hope to catch up with everyone tonight.

And its not that they are old songs or not, i just have a terrible memory with songs and band names so i have to look em up! i usually do a lil research b4 i even go to karaoke lol

thanks everyone for sharing! what fun! (and you all sounded kick @$$...in my head lol)

besmith75 replied to rugger1369's response:
Well...here's my karaoke story for you. I can't sing. I absolutely cannot sing. When my oldest son was little...I was singing to him and he actually asked me to stop. So...one night when I was out with my friends I lost a bet and was forced to do it. I did 'Cleaning Out My Closet' by Eminem and got a standing ovation. That was my first...only...and last karaoke experience.

rugger1369 replied to besmith75's response:
ha! you must have some talent tho! talk about a great first experience! glad you got up and just went for it

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kat, I have BiPolar Disorder w/severe suicidal depression. I was DX'd BiPolar 23 years ago. I've been a cutter since I was 13, I'm...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.