TGIF!!! distraction action
rugger1369 posted:
phewww we made it to Friday!

storm Nemo is on the way but in the mean time lets try and have some fun. when I lived at home I loved to go to karaoke with my sis and a few friends. it was a small place and we usually were the only ones singing...so funny...what song would you sing? a love song? a rock anthem? maybe a disney tune?

My go to song is Me and Bobby McGee by Janis Joplin and I'll usually do atleast one P!nk song and as a duet we have had fun doing A Whole New World- Disney's Aladdin.

Who's up? Rock on!!!

Kate_Te responded:
I did this in the hospital on a Friday night. Even though it broke one of my longest held beliefs: that karaoke without alcohol should be illegal. I did it. Made a fool of myself & sang Girls just wanna have fun - cyndi lauper.

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
how fun i'd sing somewhere my love (dr. zhivagos) Lara's theme! is the name of the soug.

how enchanging i've never done charoike

lovely_lemon_tree replied to sittingbull594's response:
Oooh, oh, oh,
Dance with me
I want to be your partner
Can't you see?
The music is just starting
Night is falling
And I am falling
Dance with me...

-- "Dance with Me" by Orleans
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

rugger1369 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
ya'll sound wonderful and i love the choices! to be honest i had to look some of em up!

off_the_wall replied to rugger1369's response:
I only sing when I sing for my daughters so I would sing my oldest daughter's favorite song right now which is Old McDonald.....

Kate_Te replied to rugger1369's response:
Rugger -

"to be honest i had to look some of em up!"

Way to make me feel old!!!
I'll just go sit in my rocking chair & get back to knitting my doilies.

That was all sarcasm. lol. How young are you? None of the songs were real old.

prophetess1987 responded:
ooooh i miss karaoke! it's been so long! my go to is bohemian rhapsody or under the sea or pretty much any disney song. i've never actually sang alone though, b/c i never drink so i have to sing with someone to get up the nerve lol.

fun times you all have some excellent song selections!

slik_kitty responded:
the only karaoke i ever did was in a bar and i sang africa by toto.

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
I'm sorry Rugger,
My coment above was supposed to be funny, but I've thought about it (because obsessing is what I do) and realized it could be taken as mean. It wasn't meant that way, please accept my apology if you were in any way offended.

rugger1369 replied to Kate_Te's response:
no worries Kate! ive been away and hope to catch up with everyone tonight.

And its not that they are old songs or not, i just have a terrible memory with songs and band names so i have to look em up! i usually do a lil research b4 i even go to karaoke lol

thanks everyone for sharing! what fun! (and you all sounded kick @$$...in my head lol)

besmith75 replied to rugger1369's response:
Well...here's my karaoke story for you. I can't sing. I absolutely cannot sing. When my oldest son was little...I was singing to him and he actually asked me to stop. So...one night when I was out with my friends I lost a bet and was forced to do it. I did 'Cleaning Out My Closet' by Eminem and got a standing ovation. That was my first...only...and last karaoke experience.

rugger1369 replied to besmith75's response:
ha! you must have some talent tho! talk about a great first experience! glad you got up and just went for it