Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
gratitude for us 2.13
sittingbull594 posted:
I'm going to try and remember to post the rest of the month a gratitude list.

I used to do this a while back and then have forgotten about it.

I hope you will join me! There's nothing like being grateful for what you have to make you want to do better and to feel humble.

I'm grateful that for over 33 years I have been working from a home office (and at times early on working in other businesses) and now have an office outside the home!

I am grateful that i have such a wonderful husband.

I am grateful that i have such a great forum to express myself and to hear all of you here!

next.....

socalmsg responded:
hi sittingbull, how are you? i dont believe we have met. i havent been on for about four months, but was a fairly active member during last spring and early summer, and also last fall. i saw your post about starting your gratitude list again. that is a nice idea. i bet it helps. maybe i will give it a shot also. is it something that you keep private or is it something you keep tacked to your refrigerator?

Have a great rest of the weekend,

SoCal MSG

sittingbull594 replied to socalmsg's response:
I'm a very old member with a very new name within the last couple of mos. I'm sorry i can't break my anonymity. I live in the same state as Kitty.

personally i keep my gratitude list in my journal and on here or another forum in the past. its nice to write it down because it does make us remember what purpose we're to be here.

socalmsg replied to sittingbull594's response:
hi, anonymous or not, it's all good either way. :0) i would love to keep a journal but am way to afraid that if someone should come across it, they would not respect my privacy. maybe journaling online would be safer.

sittingbull594 replied to socalmsg's response:
would be very careful of journaling online as the whole world could have their eyes watching even if you protect it. It's always a permanent RECORD. i found that out the hard way. thus my hidden identity. not as hidden as i would like.

socalmsg replied to sittingbull594's response:
wow. gotcha. i appreciate the insight. thanks again.

rugger1369 replied to sittingbull594's response:
and if not in a physical book, you can hide a notepad file on your computer somewhere. or keep email drafts in a seperate email account. just some ideas

And I am grateful my car is still running and able to take me to work (i drive a lil over an hour one way) and that I still have a job to go to...

I am grateful for the support i have received and am getting my butt in gear to start a small business in womens sportswear. its in very early stages and I am thankful for a kind man who is helping me with a website for next to nothing!

and as always and everyday- I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful souls who gather here

with you

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to rugger1369's response:
Online options are many, you can start a blog under an assumed name and journal away.

I have one under my name...I've long given up trying to hide. Its very "free-ing" to let it all hang out.

http://gettingthebucksout.blogspot.com/2013/01/cause-you-win-with-most-pain.html
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
ack bad DOG! thread hijacking....

ok gratitude.....um...

Taking care of my physical needs and going to the doctor.

I am grateful that I can exstend myself the compassion I was denied as a child.

I am grateful my son has recovered from being sick.

...ooh OH OHH!!! the timer just dinged!! I am grateful the BROWNIES ARE DONE!!! heh!!!!
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Kate_Te replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
DDT -
I'm on my way. save me some brownies!!

I'm grateful I have food, clothing & shelter.
I'm grateful my father recovered from his bout with a viral infection.
I'm grateful that I have cookies, bc I probably wont make it to DDT's in time.

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:

I'm grateful for...............

being able to not have to go into the office till 9a.m. on most mornings

for the new bread my neighboor gave me that is nutritional and has protien in it and tastes good

the power of prayer and all it does do for me!

all of the lassies here on the web md community boards

a house i now call home

a wonderful husband and kids!

a new grandbaby! her name is brooklynn anika

Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB -
Yay! granny. Anika is beautiful name. How is she doing?

I am grateful I just walked 18 blocks, no stopping. 9 blocks up to a convenience store & 9 blocks back. No physical or psychiatric issues (just a sore ankle because of the way I walk).

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
Well it's hopeful that within 2 mos. because her whit e blood cells are stable right now that if they get stable in 2 mos. she might be ok?? or they';ll at least have some kind of idea of what her real condition is!

Very good Kate te! 18 blocks is huge WOW! Keep er up!

sittingbull594 replied to sittingbull594's response:
gratitude 2.14.13

I'm glad there is a day for me specially to celebrate my husband and all he means to me and say honey you're the bestest most wonderful person in the world! I say it a lot but today is a rememberance of how special he really is. For that I am grateful.

i'm grateful for all of you lassies here as you keep me keepin on! too

I'm grateful that i have a wonderful therapist who writes me back when i'm having the kinda weeks i've been having! She makes scents and for that I'm grateful.

I'm grateful to God for he has me in his back pocket all the time keeping me on this earth we call home.

I'm grateful I have a home and life is a round me.

sittingbull594 replied to sittingbull594's response:

Grateful I made it thru another day without drinking or sh'g.

Grateful for my heating pad that helps my achy breaky back this morning.

Grateful for the artwork in my home from my late sister. She really was quiet an artist and I'm really happy that I have her artwork!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.