Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
borderline personality disorder
sittingbull594 posted:
anyone else have this disorder? what's it mean to you if you have this disorder? What are some of the things you do or don't do?

I'm learning that for me I have to really really really work at skills in order to stop doing whatever it is that i'm doing! either ruminating how i want to drink or the other or harming me by shaming myself unrelentlessly.

There is so much to this. I'm pretty tired right now but thought this would be a good topic for discussion. I will write tomorrow on this. G Night! Ok .........I'm cupid and I'm shooting each and everyone of you in the arse with my arrow! Cuz I love YOU!

friedeggs responded:
Hi SB , as i told you i have it too. i am very aware that i have the makers for it , but i do not let define who i am. i try to beware if i start of falling into that issue. i wish i could learn the dbt skills ,but i have been unable to recall what i have learned, i dont see sb borderline, i see you sb a kind .caring,and loving person. you will find the way you can cope with this, you are a sweet loving person never forget that. pre happy birthday , i know it is March3. love you sb
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

sittingbull594 replied to friedeggs's response:
Good morning Dem! I've come to reconcile with the dx. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can from what i read and what others experience. If there is any self awareness that peeps have it would be welcome. If anyone handles anything however?? do you know what i mean?

Thank you for the pre birthday waishes. That is very sweet of you!

I love you too Dem!

Have a great day ok?!

rugger1369 replied to sittingbull594's response:
I don't know much but I am interested in the discussion because my mom has been diagnosed with a few times, but different professionals. She denies it, doesn;t take her meds, or does but she is a heavy drinker...my sister did some research on it a while back...ill have to ask her if she can send it to me again...

and I am with friedeggs on this one: dont let it define you. there is more to you than dx. we have layers of great things to offer. you are wonderful.

have a special day (TGIF!)

Kate_Te replied to rugger1369's response:
Hi all -
I've not been diagnosed with this - keep getting personality disorder nos. (not otherwise specified). But by reading up on all of the personality disorders, I believe this one fits me the best.

Like you Sb, occassional or sporadic use of the dbt skills does nothing for me. It's why I'm now in a strict regimen of 3 to 5 meditations a day.

I have most of the markers:
Harmful, impulsive behavior
Relationship problems
Low self worth
Abandonment issues

DBT was created for Borderline Personality. We just need to keep working it & slowly get better.

Much Love, Kate_Te

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Hi SB. I have this diagnosis (among others) and it does fit me. I have read over and over again how, like Kate_Te said, DBT is really the only treatment that has shown to be very effective in treating BPD. And yet, thanks to my anxiety problems (and maybe thanks to my BPD symptoms too), I couldn't stick with the DBT. I'm actually really sorry now that I didn't stick with it. I feel like it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I was given and I passed it up (and still had to pay for it even though I didn't attend). Anyway, in answer to your question, since research has shown DBT is the best treatment for it, I would say in order to deal with it, you should continue to rely on your DBT skills. I know you do a good job in putting your skills to use so I would encourage you to stick with it. ((((SB))))

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was brought here by fate. I truly believe that. I am a young woman with alot of heart. I am disabled and am having trouble dealing with that. Other ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.