Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Lovely ladies...
besmith75 posted:
Okay...now that I'm full from our treat-fest...I just wanted to let you all know that it means the world to me that you accepted me back into the fold right away after I had been gone for awhile. I love you all.

Now...I want to try something. I want everyone to post something positive about themselves that either they love or that they believe makes them lovable. I'll start:

I have a great sense of humor. I know a lot of people say that...but I can keep them laughing all day. I love putting a smile on peoples faces.

I also think that I have a good sense of style. I have an eye for what makes a person attractive in all shapes and sizes. I think that all people are truly beautiful...they just need to believe in themselves and express it.

Okay...I put two...who's next...

sittingbull594 responded:
Hiya.....

Good topic

I too have a good sense of humour. I've been learning the last few weeks that in order for me to get thru life and not be so "heavy" that using my levity in situaitons allows me to be able to get thru it all.

As i sit here typing i'm reminded of my fav aunti telling me that when i was 9 or 10 that i had a great sense of humour and was always trying to make her and my uncle laugh. I stayed with them one summer and it was a great time. She treated me jus tlike her own children.

I've learned that I have really good overall people skills regarding my sense of humour. I instinctively know how to use my humour to get outta jams! within myself and with others situaitons or with others even in business situations which i did just today in a conference with my web company.

i yi yi..........i'm glad i've been able to utilize this tool of late.
Speaking of late I'm up way to late but cannot sleep cuz i had way to much caffiene today!

rugger1369 replied to sittingbull594's response:
great topic! and you both are gifted at giving out smiles - me included!

I love my passion for rugby. With it, I introduce people to something new, i meet and play with some amazing women and coach girls by giving them the confidence to be strong and dedicated. I love teaching the sport and planting that love into fresh feet....it also keeps me active!

and in keeping with the two format...my hair! lol I have great hair, what can I say? right now it is short- I rock a faux hawk. It is thick, straight and blonde. People compliment me all the time and I secretly relish in it (sometimes I even keep track...)My dad didn't talk to me for 2 weeks when I cut back off a couple of years ago (he can be an old fart sometimes). And I cant wait to be out of the corporate world so I can dye it back pink! its so much fun!

next

off_the_wall responded:
Great topic! I think it's really hard for us to see the good in ourselves sometimes. I've been feeling really down on myself lately so I need this....

I can't make people laugh... I don't have a witty sense of humor... But, I care about others. I am a good listener. I am very trustworthy.

I'm good at running. I always have been. I don't always like it but it's the one thing I'm good at.

Next?

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
This is hard for me. I don't think I have many positives.
People tell me I'm funny (but it's usually just sarcasm, which is a round about way of telling someone off).
I know I am honest. Sometimes too honest.
wow, it's hard for me to give a positive without a qualifier.
can't think of anything else.

Next?

besmith75 replied to Kate_Te's response:
First off Kate_Te...you are obviously stubborn. I'd like to add to your list if it's okay. You are unconditionally loving and kind. I see how quickly and kindly you respond when one of us is truly. I've seen you start a discussion that simply asks how one of us is doing. And I've seen you stick with threads for hours...days...weeks...and even months. You put your heart and soul into this board and when I get your (((HUGS))) I actually feel them because you are so real and so honest. You are an integral part of this family and I cannot imagine this board without you.

besmith75 replied to rugger1369's response:
And Rugger...I have to say I'm loving the pink faux hawk. I'm part of what was labeled as 'Generation X'. I did the whole grunge thing in Seattle during the 90's. At one point I had long hair that was dark brown on top (a fairly natural looking color) but the bottom half was electric blue. I loved it.

prophetess1987 responded:
great idea besmith!

i love to dance, and when i dance, my true confidence is there. i don't care if people don't like the way i look or dance, i think i dance pretty good, and sometimes cheesy

and honestly, i've noticed b/c i dance with all my heart that once in awhile i catch people giving me an admiring look (i like to think they're thinking, i wish i had the confidence to dance like that!) haha.

this also seems to make it easier for people to come up and talk to me. so that's a positive

man i wish i was out dancing right now!

prophetess.

Spotlight: Member Stories

it's not very long. i have gone back and forth over the years with this, more so recently. i *like* to think that it started back in basic when ...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful