Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
lifeskills class otherwise known
sittingbull594 posted:
as dbt.................

Did you know that not only do they use dbt for borderline pd but they also use this for many people all across the board ... WHY? because it works. Most people aren't equipped to learn life skills. Dbt teaches this ..........

Is there anyone who would like to learn dbt? We can do it right here. We can use the dbtselfhelp.com website to help us a long. I will be going back to the dbt classes as soon as the t. who teaches them in the daytime comes back from maternity leave.

Let me know if you're interested and I will start Soon..

off_the_wall responded:
I'm scared. I had such a bad experience that I'm genuinely scared. I KNOW in my mind that it is what I need and yet I find it triggering to me. And now with 2 babies, I have no idea when I could even do it... Like how do you meditate when you never get a break? I don't know, SB. I really appreciate your willingness to teach it here and hopefully others will take you up on it because I know how invaluable it is. I'm just not sure if it would work for me right now.... I'm so sad I dropped out when I actually had a chance to focus on it. Now I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water taking care of 2 little ones that I'm not sure I could fit one more things into my days. Just thinking about DBT is kind of a triggering subject for me at this point. Thank you for being so willing to help, SB.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
otw, you need to give yourself time to adjust.taking care of 2 small children is not easy but it does get better,you are a strong o person, I believe in you. you are care about so much that there are people here tht would help you through this. o love you otw and i miss you guys a lo6
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
I miss you too Dem! I'm glad you still occasionally post and I do hope one day you will feel safe enough to post more frequently like you used to. Thank you for caring and understanding about the 2 children situation. I know you can relate having raised 2 of your own. (((Dem)))

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
can appreciate that otw. you def. havce your hands full thats for sure! i hope one day you can do some things for yourself. you are young and in need of help. i think sometimes the dbt skills can be hard but i'm learning that when i do the work i can actually get out of not hurting worse by sh'g. it's really hard and i have a lot going on but not two little ones. its just a lot for me right now.
I try to meditate and it is difficult to quiet things down. Just be gentle with yourself otw. we love you and there are so many things to love about you. i'm always glad to see you post and absolutely without a doubt love love love to see those babies of yours. i can't get over how much they look like you! totally momma's babies! thats for sure!

hey dem!~ good to see you! take good care both of you lassies and i will catch ya on the flip side!

sittingbull594 replied to sittingbull594's response:
just wanted to say as well that being aware if the first start of getting ourselves to a plane that we can get better. So If you know you have something that is problematic for you other than the sh but the reasons behind the sh and being aware of these then we can do more to help ourselves.

Awareness is where anything becomes a plan. Right? Its like when you became interested in husband before you ever actually fell in love you became aware that you liked him a whole lot........

that's the key to anything you do in life is being aware. I notice for myself that i've become more aware of myself and it feels good!

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Thank you SB. I'm just very tired. My girls keep me up all night and busy all day. But they are more than worth it.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Well of course you're tired! Motherhood is exhausting!!!! Been there and have done that! and now i'm reinventing myself.
and of course they are worth it! Imagine the wonderful miracle you have been apart of OTW! It is priceless! Life you helped create on this planet we called earth! Your life is precious because you are the source of life to your younguns!
That in itself is magnitude unmeasurable! Unquantifiable! Because yolu are who you are makes you a special person B! Don't ever forget that! We each have our own specialness because we are children of God. i beleive that

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.