Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Roll Call
sittingbull594 posted:
Thought I'd do a quick check of those that are here and those that are lurking. Please do a check in and let us know how you're doing.

I'm good. can't seem to be able to take a day off from work but then i guess thats a good thing?! tried to take a day off today but it was riff raff and ended up working tonight.

next............

prophetess1987 responded:
here. not much to say. getting by.

next.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Here. Not well... but trying to stay distracted to keep from SHing further.

Next.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

slik_kitty responded:
i'm here. just playing on the puter before going to work.

what is wrong with putting "p u t z" in my reply on here? just got warned by webmd that it violates webmd rules so i had to change what i wrote. it is a 4 letter word, but it isn't a cuss word.

sittingbull594 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Maybe you're trying to pull a fast one kitty! roflmao!!!!!

Ok "p u t z" you best behave at work today.. I'm watching u!
tee hee.....

mandybutterflykiss replied to slik_kitty's response:
Tsk... tsk... bad kitty... LOL.

Years back, my biggest 4 letter swear word was the word: wait for it..... WORK!

I, know... right... So maybe "p u t z" is a swear word to one of the behind the scenes people...

Thank you so much for making me smile today.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
I'm here.

Not doing especially well, but I'm here.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

lostkate responded:
Im still lurking around, I come a sneak a peek once in while to see how everyone is doing.

LLT, sorry to hear things are not going well. Hugs

Kate

rugger1369 replied to lostkate's response:
still checkin in from time to time. trying to stick with it! good to see everyone (((HUGS)))

still have a heavy heart...but keeping my eyes looking ahead...

with you

Kate_Te replied to rugger1369's response:
I'm here. Still a little shaky. Not liking it's taking me 2 days to recover from 1 day's outing. Other than that - Peachy!

off_the_wall responded:
Sorry to hear so many here are struggling! Thanks for starting the thread SB and thanks for the laugh Kitty. Now I know not to be using the p-word around here!

I'm doing okay, just tired. Really, really tired. But I survived 5 days of a visit from my MIL and her constant nagging about every parenting decision we have made and I didn't SH as a result of it so that's huge for me. I guess I'm getting better about hearing her tell me that I'm spoiling my baby by holding her all the time and that I just need to put her down and let her cry. Uhm no, I happen to love holding my baby and I will not put her down even if you say it to me 100 times. Babies grow up way too fast and before I know it she will be 2 and not stay still enough for me to hold her! Ugh, sorry, had to vent!

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Man OTW ! I commend you! that is anothe rhuge step for you! WOWZERS! I'm stoked now! Yay!~ Yay!!! very nice indeed!
i'm so happy for you standing your groound. I've never seen an 18 year old yet that wore diapers and had to be held by their mom!
I'm with you they grow up way to fast! I want to hold my grandbaby so badly i can't hardly stand it. I 'm running to her once we get off that plane! Even if i don't get to hold her the night we get in i'm watching her! YAY!

iwanttostop replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
here lurking like usual, you guys with the "p" word are a hoot not much makes me laugh, but that is just tooooo funny

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Do you have plans to go see her soon, SB? I can't wait for you to see your grandbaby in person!!!

And thank you. I read what you said the other day about handling crisis situations really well but then afterwards not being able to deal and that's how I am too and what I feel like I'm dealing with right now.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
yes we're going in april. can hardly wait otw!!!!
Yes i get what you're saying otw about the crisis situation. the important thing that i'm realizing is that WE CAN handle a crisis. Some people fall apart in the coming of crisis and we handle it and then fall apart. I think the thing to notice is that tho we fall apart after ward we do instinctively know what to do. because you are a teacher and have a great education behind you that will give you much towards furthering yourself in many aspects. Teaching your girls about being educated lil peeps and all the stuff you learnt whilst you were in school. and then (never start a sentence with and) having practical aptitude.
I do get it cuz i've been doing this get it fall apart bit for to long now. I'm working really hard to change so many things and its not coming soon enough. The good thing is to anyone actually who is reading this is this>>>>>to those of us here on the sh board..............We are trying to change otherwise we wouldn't be here. RIGHT?! that's how i see it anyway and you're no different otw.
Give yourself some grace tho otw cuz you have infants to deal with. you're under a ton of stress ok?! is there something else beside the things you mentioned since E was born? if there is please speak up ok. We're all here for you too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kat, I have BiPolar Disorder w/severe suicidal depression. I was DX'd BiPolar 23 years ago. I've been a cutter since I was 13, I'm...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.