Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Again? jeeze, when does it end?
marysings posted:
No snow yet ...........
I have not self-harmed in several years. And last week I wanted to so much but I kept myself very busy. Today I am watching our store manager's little boy who has strep throat. He's three and very snoopy, wanting to get into everything. By the end of the day I am concerned I will be very tired...not a good place to be regarding SH.

Does the urge ever go away?

sittingbull594 responded:
Hi Mary,
We've met on another board but i think i had a diff identity.
Now.... I wonder too if the urge ever goes away.

Can you get this kiddo to take a nap? boy that's hard on a body for sure. I'm a new grandma and don't know when i do get to see her what i'll do with her. She's in another state and we won't get to see her until 4/13.

I hope if you get closer to the urge to actually do it.... what's your plan? Make a plan so you can stay safe ok? I think that would be a really great idea! I can't remember do you know any dbt skills.
If you don't you can always use distraction, hold a piece of ice till it melts, take a hot shower and then a cold one, take a nap, eat somthing really good you don't normally eat. Those are a few suggesitons.

On the dbtselfhelp.com website there are some really good mindfulness videos. There are meditaiton ones too. just watching some really pretty photos and listening to calming music can help so much. You could also surf the web and stick to what you know best when you've had the urge before??

What do you normally do?

iwanttostop responded:
good ??. i am going on 40 years of sh ing. some time are easyer, but it has always been with me. i have learned to hide it and make it part of my life, for good or bad i have no other answer

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.