Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Success! (possible trigger)
off_the_wall posted:
Triggers___________________________

Awhile back I somehow lost (or maybe husband got rid of it) a piece of glass that I would SH with. Since that time it's occurred to me at times that I wish I had another....

Today I was in the kitchen preparing lunch. My oldest was sitting on the counter next to where I was working and my youngest was on the floor sitting in her baby bouncer. When I wasn't looking, my oldest picked up my glass of water and accidentally dropped it. It hit the ground and glass flew everywhere, including right at my baby! A glass shard landed right on her head but thankfully she was not hurt.

As I was cleaning up the mess, I saw a piece of glass that would make a perfect SH tool. I even tested it on my arm to be sure. I placed it to the side for later and continued to clean up the mess...

While cleaning I prayed to God thanking Him for protecting my baby from being hurt by the flying glass. Then I had a thought that maybe if I kept that piece of glass to SH that next time something happened maybe my baby wouldn't be protected from harm. It was very hard for me to do but I ended up throwing away that piece of glass.

I know it's sitting on the top of the trash can. And I am so tempted to go get it back out, but I am resisting. I keep telling myself that it's not worth risking something happening to my baby just because I want to keep a piece of glass to SH.

I know I did the right thing, I just wish these things weren't so difficult for me!

Kate_Te responded:
OTW -
Congrats! It's the small success that have the biggest results. Not taking that glass will make it harder to SH, thus giving you time to really think about before doing it again.

I know how hard this was for you! You deserve a scoop of ice cream!

Big Hugs!

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:
congrats otw, that wonderful that is as kate te said a small step with very big result, i am happy for you. love you
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

sittingbull594 replied to friedeggs's response:
WOW OTW! That's huge! I'm so glad for you! If need be get your husband to throw away that trash so you can't find it. Just tell him there's glass in it and don't want anyone accidentally cutting themself. You don't need to say anything else to him if you don't wanna.
I'm all nervous and shaky because i broke a large piece of glass today from a picture fram that i took from my home to my office. Ihad a bunch of pictures etc.and the glass had to be removed. I thought the same thing coincidentally. Only normally i'm not a cutter.
I took the glass to the dumpster and put it at the back with a piece of paper that i had.
I'm so proud of yoU! ~~~~~~~~~

prophetess1987 responded:
nicely done OTW! that is a huge success! i wish we all had the courage and power to make the choice you did. when's garbage day? hopefully soon so it's off your mind! congrats.

slik_kitty responded:
yay! good job!

mandybutterflykiss responded:
OTW,

Wow... Your strength continues to amaze me. I know how hard this must have been for you and yet, you DID it! You overcame that intense urge and that is no small feat.

So proud of you.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

off_the_wall replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support. This incident has triggered me so bad. The glass is gone (husband took out the trash) but I'm still struggling with strong urges to SH. The only way I manage to get by is by praying and praying and praying... I just wish God would choose to make this easier on me but instead I just have to trust that He has his reasons.

Love yall for always being there to support me!

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
I hope tonite as you walk in the shawdow of doubt like we all do that you are still fighting an dhanging tough!

You don't know how much you've made me smile by seeing such huge steps you took not to sh! yay!

sometimes its got no rhymn nor reason to it. it just is.

I'm glad you're prayin hard. It's what kept me safe today! God will help if we ask. He really really does. For me its a shoe in.

lostkate responded:
OTW, you should be so proud of yourself, I'm proud of you, thats wonderful. Stay strong.

Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.