Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
I can't do this again....
besmith75 posted:
TRIGGER...........................................................................
...........................................................................................
...........................................................................................

I lost my mom 3 1/2 years ago. It's complicated...but basically she had surgery...there were complications...and she was in a vegetative state for 5 1/2 weeks. I work at the hospital and every day for 5 weeks I would leave work and go sit in that room with her. My brother was there most days as well. Once we finally realized that she was never going to get better we signed a dni/dnr and had them remove the breathing tube.

Now...my Stepfather (I guess you'd call him. He and my mom were together for 25+ years although never married) is in the hospital. His background: he suffered a tbi in Viet Nam and has a history of polysubstance abuse as well as COPD. Apparently he's been vomiting blood for over a month and never told anyone. He's been in the hospital since Sunday. He's around six feet tall and weighs about 125lbs right now. He needs almost 100% oxygen. His mental state comes and goes (he knew who I was today and told me he loved me). But once again...I had to go to that hospital tower to visit someone I love. I sat by his bed and held his hand. I hoped upon hope that he will get better...although I don't believe he will. I think he has Cancer.

Why again? I'm angry and hurt and raging on the inside...and I want so badly to show it on the outside. I'm crying and bleeding inside and I want to let it out. Let the pain out of me. I want to cut so that I can see what I feel...

I can't sit in a hospital room and watch somebody I love die. Not again.

I had to walk off the elevator into the ICU unit for the first time in 3 1/2 years. I had to listen to the beeps and watch the machines.

I don't know what to do with myself...

besmith75 responded:
I don't know why this posted twice. Ignore this one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.