Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
putting out the "WELCOME" mat - triggery
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
Spring is upon us, despite what mother nature is doing.

.*sweeps the front porch*

.*lays out the welcome mat*

If you are just finding us, I want to welcome you here. This isn't a cliche or a closed club or a members only group. This board is here for everyone....and yes that means you.

Be you a self injurer yourself, or a parent,significant other, spouse, friend, sibling of an injurer.

There is no exclusion of type or severity of the injuring.

This place is here for you.

To be heard.

I am Paja. Been living with self inflicted violence for 44 years now. I have not forgotten what it was like to be young and struggling with self injury in a time before it was spoken openly about.

A time when there was no internet and no connection to others.

A time it was not spoken about.

SO I SPEAK ABOUT IT NOW.

I wear short sleeves and show my scars.

I educate when ever I can, one person at a time. I want to change the world for those who come after me. I want the secrecy and the shame of SI to be replaced with understanding and compassion.

Glad you found us. Hope you stay a while and sit on the porch and swing with us in the warm spring breeze.

Peace be the journey
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Paja,

This was lovely.. Can I have some ice cold lemonaide and join you on the porch?

Thank you for the picture of comfort and peace. It came at a time when it is needed.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
glad it helped B. Always room on the porch.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

iwanttostop responded:
thanks, i forget that sometimes. just a note i have heard it is not ok to use the "p" word. :- )

prophetess1987 responded:
just had the best feeling of warmth thinking of sitting on the porch with you all. even though brief, was so welcomed. i cannot wait for warmer weather, although it'll be a long time till we get it here. i know it'll come, every year, like clockwork

thanks for sharing the warm and inviting vision Paja. much love.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 37 years old with 2 beautiful sons and the cutest darn dog you've ever seen (she's watching me type with her big dark eyes so I feel o...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.