Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
my smoke possible trigger
slik_kitty posted:
I had my smoke put to sleep today. she had cancer, and i knew the time was coming, but was hoping it wouldn't be so soon. it spread to her spine and was making her lose control of her back legs. i couldn't see keeping her alive as her quality of life deteriorated to such a point that she could no longer move. i will miss her so, and so will my son. she was his baby. as i sit here at the puter, i miss her sitting beside me, or on my lap, or under my feet. i will miss her when i come home and she isn't waiting at the stairs for me to say hi. i will just plain miss her, as now there is another hole in my heart where someone i love used to be. she wasn't just a cat, she was a person with fur, she was family.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SK))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

.* sitting with you silently*
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

iwanttostop responded:
am sorry, i know how important are fur friends are.

Kate_Te replied to iwanttostop's response:
I am so sorry. I've had to do that to 2 cats (15 yrs old) I understand your pain!

slik_kitty responded:
ty

off_the_wall responded:
I am so sorry. You are right, our pets are part of the family which is why it hurts like losing a family member. (((Gentle hugs)))

slik_kitty replied to off_the_wall's response:
ty otw. i've always had 1 or 2 furry kids and my non furry one. lol

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
Tho I haven't had fur kids for years I surely do know and empathize with your loss. I think it's great that she was such a vital part of your human family. Take good care ((((((Kitty))))))

I'm thinking of you with warm soft gentle huggers

slik_kitty replied to sittingbull594's response:
ty sb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.