Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Advice please...
besmith75 posted:
Could trigger..............................................................................

I don't have a T. My father sent me to one when my parents divorced (I was 11). That lasted two sessions and she told him that I was perfectly adjusted when it came to the divorce. I went to a T after I was raped and beaten at 15. That lasted exactly 1 session because I did not feel comfortable talking to anyone. My mother tried to put me in group therapy and that lasted about 4 sessions. I guess I've always had an issue with talking to somebody I don't know about my inner workings (which is really a contradiction considering that I'm here and I rely so much on you ladies)

I know I need one now. I have a laundry list of issues. My mother's death 3 1/2 years ago...a past drug eating disorder. All of the things I'm sure a T looks for. But this is what has pushed me over the edge and made me realize that I can't do this alone anymore:

I'll start off with this...I have epilepsy. I was diagnosed at age 19 and have been on medication since. When I had seizures the first 10-15 years I generally had tonic/clonic (the granddaddy grand mal...go big or go home). I've had medication changes probably 5 or 6 times...which isn't uncommon. The medications (3 of them) that I am on now are working to control the big guys...but I still have different types of seizures. I have atonic seizures where I fall to the ground and I have simple sensory and simple psychological (my vision will suddenly change...I have strange mood swings...that type of thing). Okay...with that being said...stress is a HUGE precursor to seizures. I have been under A LOT of stress lately. I had a massive simple sensory and psychological seizure on Tuesday. I remember getting to work and I know I left early but I don't remember it. I remember calling my boyfriend crying and so he picked up my son from school...but I have very little memory of that day. I 'came to' (or woke up) Wednesday morning and couldn't get out of bed. No kids (I was smart enough to ship them off so they wouldn't have to see it) so I was able to sleep most of the day. some point I cut...twice...and I don't really remember it. It's vague. I have two big slashes on my leg (and they even had bandages on them)...but I barely remember doing it. I couldn't tell you when it happened during all of this. Last night I had some disturbing nightmares. So disturbing that I would force myself to wake up just to get out of them. But every time I fell back asleep I would go back into one. It makes me want to both vomit and cry just thinking about them.

I need a T. I know that now. How do I go about finding a good one...and once I do...where do I start? The idea scares me to death...but the actions over the last couple of days scare me even more. I just don't know where to start...
sittingbull594 responded:
I have an hmo so I was assigned a t and it sucked the first t i got. after that i was assigned again and it was 8 years of great help. and then i've picked my own t's for a couple of times.
I think tho what i would look for is if the t has special training in my issues, decide male or female, age group of people he treats, recommendations, testimonials from other patients.
Just to name a few things.

You might be able to find someone listed under dbt training. Also Nami on the net would be a good place to start too. They have councelors everywhere and that is what they deal with is mental illness.

Sorry to hear about the hardships you've had to endure.
Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
Sb is right you can do a lot of research on the web looking for dialectical behavioral therapy (dbt) or cognative behavioral therapy (cbt). But like she stated happened to her, it usually comes down to your insurance.

Do some research, see what you can find, then look on your insurance website, or call them & see if any of the therapists you have found participate with your insurance plan.

It's just another one of the p.i.a.'s we have to go through, but you can do it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.