Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
I just can't
off_the_wall posted:
do this any longer.

friedeggs responded:
what is wrong? YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE cared for heree
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

Kate_Te replied to friedeggs's response:
What's going on?
((((((((((OTW)))))))))))

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
I just feel like I'm losing my mind. No sleep, depressed, can;t function.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
yeah, those times are brutal. Breast feeding is a marathon of epic proportions. At its worse for me I found myself standing before an open fridge with my boob in one hand. Took me a second to realize I was there to "put the milk" away.

Hang in there dear one.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

sittingbull594 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
(((((((((OTW))))))))))

It does feel like you're loosing your mind taking care of babies. No sleep will make a lot of negative things happen.

You're quiet the woman! Hang tight. It's not permanent. I've been wondering where you were.

If you should go to the DARK side then please call a crisis hotline ok?

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
Thank you P and F for understanding. That's just what I needed.... understanding. I don't seem to be getting it elsewhere but yall are a lifesaver (literally). Thank you.

sittingbull594 replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm glad you're still with us! Kudos!

Remember its none of your business what other people think about you.

That mantra for me is really helpful.

Yes, it is helpful. It's hard not to care when all you need is support and others think, "It's just lack of sleep. Suck it up and deal with it."

I see a couple things in your post. Did someone actually say that to you or are you forecasting and thinking that's what they think? We can't be mindreaders right??

I have learnt that you need to check things out otherwise it's really hard to understand what the other person has intended.

It's really hard to check things out because we are afraid to do it ....It takes practice but this is a huge area to concentrate your efforts on if you want to cope betterly. I still forget to check things out but if someone really cares about you it won't matter at all that you check it out ok??

If it's not someone you really care about then the statement of its none of otws business what other people think of me is definetly in order!!

I think most of us come from traumatic backgrounds and environments that were not validating~! so when these sorta things happen we just don't get validated and it makes it a real thorn in our side. I hope today brings new meaning to your life

mandybutterflykiss replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW,

Is it possible you have a touch of postpardon blues? Maybe an appointment with your pdoc is in order...

You are a strong woman, yes...but everyone needs help whether we admit it or not... How do you feel about asking your pdoc if a visiting nurse could come in and help tend to the little ones so you can rest? You could pump and refridgerate for her visits? Perhaps your pdoc could get a home health aide to assist with meaneal tasks such as errands, housework, etc?
Just tossing some idea's out there...

It's exhausting being a momma to wee ones. It's much more than a lack of sleep... It's a depletetion of your energy levels, thinking processes, emotions because you are not just a mom, you are also busy being a wife, a housekeeper, a problems solver, a cook, a "whatever" those in your life need, you are...

It's time that you take care of you, okay? Hugs to you.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

We were eating dinner and I was looking miserably tired. My husband said, "I think maybe you should go see a doctor to figure out why you are so tired all the time." To which I kind of lost it and said, "If you haven't noticed I'm up every hour of the night taking care of our daughters! Of course I'm tired! I don't need a doctor to tell me that!" Then I put my face in my hands and started crying. P, who was sitting at the table with us, got concerned and said, "You ok Mama?" Instead of letting me respond to her myself and reassure her that I'm okay my husband responds instead. He said, "You know how when E (our baby) is overly tired she gets fussy and cries... And sometimes when you are too tired you get fussy and cry.... Well mama gets the same way when she's too tired". To which P said, "And dada too". And he said, "No, dada doesn't cry he just deals with things".

So yeah, I guess I deal with almost 4 months of no sleep like a baby.

Sounds like your husband needs some baby time. I already told you this. Let him get tired and see what you go thru. THe only way to do that is to let him take a few turns. BS that he works .... What the hell do you call what you do!!!!

Be assertive woman.... but as it is you will probally shoot down this advice. i know what its like to be the sacraficial lamb!!! its hell pure hell. you don't have to live like this. you choose

Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
OTW-

I haven't commented on this because I'm not a mother, but my best friend is (a single mother no less) so I am familiar with sleep deprevation and the need for a break. I think it was around 4 months that my friend broke down & had her mother take her daughter for the weekend.

You need to let hubby help you. Like SB said, let him take some turns on the overnights & let you sleep. (use the weekend if he complains he has to work).

Sleep deprevation does a lot to us. It messes with everything mentally - you need some sleep.

((((((((((OTW)))))))))

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
Hey OTW,
I think i was kinda harsh. Just trying to get you to move forward so you can take care of yourself. You don't need to be in your fiftys like i am and then start.

The only reason I was some harsh is because i care and want you to be able to model for your girls the best you.

Men have really weird perceptions about us. The only way as sometimes it is with a child is to put it in their face ya know???!!! If he knows how much he hurt you maybe that will be enough to help you where the help is needed before you do something you or husband will live to regret.

Please Please Please do what it takes to take care of you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Another crazy cold weather loving Canuck who has been hanging around for awhile. I am a medical radiation technologist in radiography and soon Magneti...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.