Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
cuting and depression
john19602013 posted:
years ago I used to cut myself all over my arms. about a week ago I did it again. I was real stressed out for that week before I did it but I was sure surprised that I cut myself after about 5 years. im also surprised that they said I had bipolier , manic , depression. something like that? sometimes I do not sleep for days and if I don't take my colinpin my mind races. I never have felt this bad. I thought my head hurting were all from the two head injurys I had years ago. I just wanted to post this on here because I want to live but the mental and body pain is to much sometimes. right now it will give me some thing to do , god bless you all.

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. sh is something that never truely goes away. we can shove it into the back of our heads for years and then it can resurface again. so don't beat yourself up over it.

is klonopin all you are taking for the bp? that's an antianxiety med and doesn't address the chemical imbalance in the brain that causes bp.

rugger1369 replied to slik_kitty's response:
welcome john, you have found a safe place to escape to. i am happy to hear you want to live, stay strong.

Kate_Te replied to rugger1369's response:
Welcome John -
You say you have Bi-polar, are you seeing a therapist? You should speak with them about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. Both of which teach you positive coping skills. Self Harm (sh) is a negative coping skill. Like kitty said, it's one we often fall back on. Having other coping skills in your arsenal can only help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The first time I remember hurting myself I was about 13. I hit my head on a desk so hard I made my nose bleed. I first got diagnosed with depression w...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.