Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Have to put my dog down this week
off_the_wall posted:
We are out of town and when a new pet sitter we found entered our house today, our dog bit him 4 times.

sittingbull594 responded:
O gee .....This must be a relatively new dog to your family?? As I recall last year you had to put down your old dog.

I'm glad you made it safe and sound. the dog must've been scared to poo when the pet sitter arrived. If the dog didn't know your sitter in defense of the dog I would think the dog was just doing his/her job and protecting the house???

I'm sorry hon. That's rough news to swallow.

Hopefully with God's help you can at least enjoy the girls as they have Easter with Peter Cottontail. Kate te and bonnie are going to be easter bunnies and they're hoppin all over the damn board goin beserk. I'm gonna nab them and take off with all the cadbury eggs and jelly beans.

Don't tell them that tho ok??!!

All joking aside (just tryin to lighten your load) you can't do any more about it then you probably already did tonight. Put the thoughts in a box and put it on a shelf till you get home. Nothing more its the weekend and everyone will be closed.

God Speed! Jesus died for us and I'm going to watch the final episode of The Bible Sunday nite.

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
We had 2 dogs. The older one passed away last fall. M

off_the_wall replied to off_the_wall's response:
Our vet clinic is open on Saturdays. If it isn't closed because it's a holiday weekend then he is getting out down tomorrow. I want to cry. I want to fall to pieces. But I am around people that I can not show emotions around. So I won't.

slik_kitty replied to off_the_wall's response:
so sorry otw. i know how hard that is. hugs

friedeggs replied to slik_kitty's response:
my heart goes out to you, you know your other family is here
~ Live in faith and expect the best. Through every trial, God will make sure you come out better than before.~

sittingbull594 replied to friedeggs's response:
I'm really sorry otw. that is a sure hard thing to do. I hope things start turning around for you soon.

off_the_wall replied to sittingbull594's response:
My dog is gone. He was a good dog overall and I loved him. I know we did the right thing to protect our children and others but it still hurts like hell. I feel like we failed him. He will be buried in our pet cemetery, under a large oak tree by his friend Dixie and other beloved dogs we have lost over the years.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm so sorry for both you & your family OTW.
((((((((((((((((((((OTW))))))))))))))))))))))))))

tnmist replied to Kate_Te's response:
OTW, I'm so sorry. ((((OTW)))). I don't understand, though, if he thought he was just protecting the home? Dogs are my fav. Obviously if you didn't think you could trust him with your kids, I get it, though. I'm just so sorry this happened.

-Misty

off_the_wall replied to tnmist's response:
He wasn't just protecting the home. When I finally heard the story he let the pet sitter in okay but when the pet sitter put down his food, he attacked him. This is the 8th person he has bit, including one unprovoked attack on a child. I have 2 small girls who can not protect themselves and we could not continue to risk him attacking one of them.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to off_the_wall's response:
(((OTW)))

Very sorry to hear about this. I know it has to be horrible for you.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

mandybutterflykiss replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
OTW,

I am so sorry. Your dog was more then a pet. Your dog was a member of your family and losing a loved one is never easy. Making the decision is difficult as well.

"Heavenly Father, Mother, Jesus, Source of All," please be with OTW and her family as they mourn for their dog that has gone to be with you. Lift up their heavy hearts and heal their sorrows. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

tnmist replied to off_the_wall's response:
OH, I see. I have had a couple of friends over the years who have had to make similar hard decisions. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. ((((gentle hugs))))

-Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

it's not very long. i have gone back and forth over the years with this, more so recently. i *like* to think that it started back in basic when ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.