Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
what would you do?
sittingbull594 posted:
I really need some advice and hope that ya'll can give your opinions of how you would handle a situation.

back in Oct. my primary doc (not pdoc) told me that the urin test i had taken I failed. Meaning that she did not find oxycodone in my urine. I take oxycodone for chronic pain from mostly knees but sometimes back too. I have been doing this since 09. I also used to wear a tens unit all the time on my back and knees. The tens unit started causing my knees to get inflamed so i've been off it for a while.

Basically she accused me of giving my meds away to someone. She orchestrated that she had an older man who did this and thinks I've done the same thing! All because the urine test didn't show I had any oxycodone in my urine. My cdc said with me drinking as much water as i do I could have pee'd out the drug.

I've thought about taking a polygraph test but cannot afford the 500-700.00 it costs to take this test. Because I had shingles I'm sure this is why she's allowing me to remain on the pills. Because I am having severe problems with lightheadness and dizziness i need to see her come this thurs. Last time I met with her she pushed back the leg support from under me with a really mean grimace on her face. Luckyily for me i saw her and had a split second to brace my legs up so my knees wouldn't fall and hurt me . As God is my witness and with all of the being I have I swear I have always taken my Oxycodone. I have not given it away!!!

Take the Poll

Would you take a costly polygraph test that you can't afford or ???
  • Without a doubt take the test
  • Without a doubt do not take the test
  • Talk to as many people as you can between now and thurs
vote
View Poll Results

Kate_Te responded:
I voted take the test, but only if you can afford it SB. What I'd really recommend is that you find another doctor. If she's trying to make you fall, that's beyond unprofessional - it's sadistic.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
SB,

I voted against taking the test. Urine tests have rates of error like all diagnostic tests. If she questions the results then there are less expensive tests than a polygraph. Beside's... you should not have to prove anything. Your Pdoc should work with you, should believe you, should treat you with respect and professionalism. To me, she's coming across as ignorant and arrogent... a deadly combination.

Did she order a repeat urine? Did she follow up with a blood test, which would be more accurate? If she did not, I'd question why. I would also confront her on the way she is treating you.

(GET A COPY OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS)

I agree with Kate_Te, your Pdoc is way over the top and I would encourage you to file a report against her with your Dept. of Professional Licensing and Regulation and with her practice.
Her behavior and treatment towards you is not acceptable.

Just my thoughts on this.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
As I wrote in the second paragraph this is NOT my PDOC who is doing all of this. It is my regular primary doc for health issues.

I have to do occassion urine tests its the only way I can stay on the oxycodone. O well *sigh* I guess i'm sunk and will now have the meds taken away from me???

The question was do i take a polygraph that I can't afford or not?? I don't know any other way to try and clear my name!

o well.......

Kate_Te replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB -
Why don't you do as Bonnie suggested & demand another urine test or blood test?

sittingbull594 replied to Kate_Te's response:
well this happened several months ago and because i had shingles is why she most likely let me continue on the meds.

I only found out to late that i could have asked for a blood test. By time I got around to seeing her after the urine test a good month had passed and now several more months have passed and I don't know what will happen on thurs.

bah humbug! I guess for my stupidity I get penalized.

Sorry to post. i'll shut up now

mandybutterflykiss replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB,

DBT SKILL: We can not read others minds, nor they, ours.

Communicate. Use your words when you see her.

Ask: Ask for what you need.

Boundries: There are lines she should not cross. Make her aware.

Challenge: Challenge those thoughts and look at things differently.

You are not stupid, you do not have to apologize for speaking out, it's what we are here for, and you do not need to shut up. Go easy on yourself SB...
Gra'

Bonnie

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
thank you. i dont know what will happen and im scared. im afraid of what im goin do tonite to myself. i feel so defeated so lost im scared of what will happen with the business and the insurance cost for employee and us. it really sucks!

mandybutterflykiss replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB,

Fear can trap us in it's clutches, sufficating us. Like all things, Fear, has light side to offset the dark. Where there is fear, there is power. Fear can spur us into action, forcing us to look it straight in it's face.

Paraphrasing: Don't worry about tomorrow...God is already there.

Hugs.
Gra'

Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.