Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
HIGH HIGH HIGH (MAY TRIGGER?)
sittingbull594 posted:
YES THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY! I'M FALLING APART BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH COMING AT ME THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IT'S ALL REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT STUFF.
DOC AS IN ISSUE WITH PAIN MEDS
WEBSITE AND ONGOING WORK TO OPTIMIZE IT MEETING TOMORROW AND I WON'T HAVE A COMPUTER IN FRONT OF ME?
STUFF A LOT WITH K
MONEY
STUFF WITH VETS AND HUBBY
DAUGHTER
UPCOMING TRIP TO SEE BABY
DX'S AND WHAT IT MEANS IN UPCOMING VISITS
MEDICATION
DIZZINESS AND LOW BLOOD SUGAR
PAIN MANAGEMENT OR LACK PERHAPS OF IT
GOD
WHAT TO DO ABOUT THESE THINGS
IT DAWNED ON ME WHEN MY D CALLED THAT I WAS AWAKENED AND NOT DISASSOCIATING THEN. I REALIZED FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT I DO DISASSOCIATE BADLY AND NEVER REALIZED IT. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN TOLD WHEN I DO THE DEED THAT I DO AND I ALWAYS SAY NO I FEEL THE PAIN A GREAT DEAL!
I HAVE SO MANY URGENT THINGS HAPPENING ... I'VE GIVEN ADVICE TONIGHT TO TURN IT OVER TO GOD SO IM GOING TO TRY TO DO THIS.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
SB,

Glad to hear you are going to take your own advice and turn it over to God.

Don't forget to breathe:
In through your nose and out through your mouth. Slow and steady.

Practice Grounding Techniques:
Mental-say a safety statement...use humor. repeat phrase.
Physical-carry a grounding object, focus on your surroundings.
Soothing- Repeat "I can handle this," "I'm okay"

You mentioned Helen Keller... Well she wrote: "Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it."

It's okay to say you are feeling overwhelmed and need help regardless if it is for the business, vets, hubby, etc.
Gra'

Bonnie

Life is the school, Love is the lesson.

sittingbull594 replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
THANKS BONNIE! I AM ASTONISHED AT YOUR ANSWER AND AM SO HAPPY that you wrote it. you are kind, full of wisdom and really are a great problem solver. I'd say your steps program worked wonderfully.

YOU ARE PROOF IN THE PUDDING!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

mandybutterflykiss replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB,

Thank you so much for the kind and loving words. I like to think it was more then the Stepps Program...

That I am but a reflection of my wonderful, couragious sisters here.

I love our family.
Gra'

Bonnie

u are more than reflection of us you are a child of God no more no less than the stars above. i know i am his too and pray a lot this morning to rid me of this awful habit.

im sorry i feel i am bringing down board so best go and hide?? tho i'm trying to get it together to leave the house. hard hard still in pj's. so tired so sleepy. don't want to go
want to go back to bed

mandybutterflykiss replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB,

You are not bringing me down... but if you would.... please allow me to lift you up.

You are tired and want to go back to bed and are still in PJ's... So compromise...Don't get dressed and go out in your PJ's. That way you'll be ready for bed when you return...

Call ahead and make certain they have coffee and some food waiting! Your time is valuable...
Gra'

Bonnie

that was just plain sweet of you bon

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.